Application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claire boswell

Reaction score
Hi

I would be grateful if anybody could provide me with advice/tips on the application technique around the cuticle area. I use creative powder and liquid and can't seem to get the quantity just right. It is either too thin, which I end up filing away or too thick which I am unable to file down. :(

Also, I would love the opportunity of spending time in a nail bar/salon to build up my confidence, application and speed :oops: , so if anybody has any vacancies in Sheffield please contact me.

Many thanks
Claire

Hiya

I've just checked out your profile to see how long you have been a tek..........but alas, there is no info:cry: . From what I can gather from your post I would guess you are a reasonably new tek, and with that in mind I would suggest sitting down at your table for an hour (whenever you can) and playing around with different size beads - small, medium, large. This will not only help you in getting your bead sizes right, but also your mixed ratio...........and we all know the pro's and con's about that little baby:rolleyes:

I'm afraid practice, practice, practice is your best bet. We've all been there and believe me it's definitely worth it.

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

To answer your question - yes I am a new tek. I completed my Conversion Course with Creative in November. I am aiming to do mobile, but do not feel ready for that at the moment, therefore I will do as you suggest and keep practicing the beads.

Thank you for your time and help,
Claire :)

A practical suggestion that may help you, Claire, is this.
When you create your zone 2 ... don't make the bead overly large so that it covers too much area. The Zone 2 bead should not cover more than 1/2 the nail plate once it has been pressed and smoothed into place.

If you stick to this rule, then it is much easier to fill in zone 3 with just the right amount of product and still leave you plenty of room to work with the bead and to press and smooth it out over the zone just right.

Crowding a bead into zone 3 (when zone 2 has been made too big) is the source of a lot of problems for new technicians ... lifting and the too thick and too thin problems are just a couple of them. Try the above advice ... I'm sure it will work for you.

Hi Geeg,
Just read your post on this one :) And as always wonderful advice.
I am trying my hand at sculpting nails at the mo, because if i can master it , I am sure it will be much quicker.
All this little tips sure make life easier :cool:

Hi Geeg

Thank you for your reply.

I think you have hit the nail on the head :). My bead in zone 2 always covers more than half of the nail! :mad: I will now practice my zoning!

Thank you for help, I really appreciate it.

Claire

Dear Lesley

Thank you for your reply.

I would love to have a go at sculpting, but I think I will wait until I have mastered the application.

Claire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back