application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
How do you apply these, must we blend them?
PatternTips.jpg

How do you apply these, must we blend them?
PatternTips.jpg

I would just cut the well out and apply like a well-less tip. Regarding the French with the design in the well ... you obviously must blend any visible line away wih this one.

thank you. but cutting out the well, would that not cause shattering as I have noticed these tips are quite brittle?
If I cut the well out, do I belend?

Anything that is still visible would have to be blended.

I'm surprised that a tip would shatter when you remove the well ... you can remove with a file rather than scisors.

Could someone advise me how exactly you remove the well of a tip of using a file. Sorry to sound daft but I have only ever tried cutting a white tip with scissors and can't get an even smile line. I know with a natural tip the "smile" area will be blended anyway so that is not an issue.

Do you hold the file at a certain angle for example?

Thanks.

i would say just cut out the well area

if you blend the well area you may remove some of the design

I purchased a box of 40 sets of these pretty nails.

They do crack and split when you try to cut them.

To remove the well, I cut them first with sharp scissors, then with my electric file carbide bit carve out the rest.
You must "rough up" (with a hand file) ever so slightly (make sure you get the sides and edge) if you are going to coat them with gel or l/p.
The biggest problem that I've run into, using these, is separation, if the tip has been left too smooth before the overlay.

I purchased a box of 40 sets of these pretty nails.

They do crack and split when you try to cut them.

To remove the well, I cut them first with sharp scissors, then with my electric file carbide bit carve out the rest.
You must "rough up" (with a hand file) ever so slightly (make sure you get the sides and edge) if you are going to coat them with gel or l/p.
The biggest problem that I've run into, using these, is separation, if the tip has been left too smooth before the overlay.

hiya, do you have to cut out the well? must I blend until invisable?

Just wanted to say..

for the predesigned tips with no design in the well, I've used a custom blend instead of pink or clear when I got worried about blending. Still, it helps to cut out the well so you get more contact area with the product to the actual nail.. but if you're worried about getting the cut in smile perfect or blending what's left, i'd try this! it looks amazing!

Could someone advise me how exactly you remove the well of a tip of using a file. Sorry to sound daft but I have only ever tried cutting a white tip with scissors and can't get an even smile line. I know with a natural tip the "smile" area will be blended anyway so that is not an issue.

Do you hold the file at a certain angle for example?

Thanks.

Yes, hold the file at a 45 degree angle to the tip and you will file out the well.

Latest posts

Back