Applying chrome and flakes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paige18

Reaction score
Hi

Im new the nail industy. Havestarted practicing chromes and glitter flakes that i purchased from naio nails. When applying over black base it all went smoothly but when applying the glitter flakes over white I dont seem to get the same outcome. Would anyone no why this is?

What applicator would people say is best tje typically makeup one or a sillicon one?

What do you mean by not getting the same outcome? Do you mean colour wise? If it's colour, your base colour will alter the effect as the light reflects differently off of different colours. Darker colours will reflect better than lighter ones so the glitter will show it's colour more on dark surfaces.

Sorry what I mean is the flakes dont rub in to give the chrome colour they just stay as flakes. But when used on black they rubbed in to give a chrome effect.

So what process are you going through when applying the chrome? Are you wiping off the sticky surface after curing or rubbing straight on after curing?

I do two layers of colour with non wipe top coat then apply the flakes the same way i did with the black set. Except with white it doesnt seem too stick and create the effect it should.

I use a different brand so it may work differently but I do 2 coats of colour, then a normal top coat (not non wipe) which I then wipe with a dry lint free wipe. Then rub in chrome then top coat again. It could be the top coat? Unless instructions say non wipe is fine? Maybe contact Naio and ask them?

I use a different brand but apply the chrome over non wipe topcoat and it works over all colours. You can also apply chrome to the sticky layer and it then gives a different effect and looks a bit more like glitter.
Maybe contact your supplier though as they will be best to comment on their particular range and application? x

There should be no difference to how smooth they have applied as it’s the same product, top coat and flakes you are using.
The chromes can be very striking over black and subtle over white so could it be this?

I use a different brand but apply the chrome over non wipe topcoat and it works over all colours. You can also apply chrome to the sticky layer and it then gives a different effect and looks a bit more like glitter.
Maybe contact your supplier though as they will be best to comment on their particular range and application? x
What brand of non wipe top coat would you recommend please ?

What brand of non wipe top coat would you recommend please ?
I use the flirties one which seems to work fine for Chrome powders (mirror) and also for holographic powders x

Latest posts

Back