Applying client's own tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebzBeauty

Reaction score
I have a client who has different treatments from me & has now requested a fake tan...but, doesn't want to use my St Tropez but her own fake tan & is happy for me to charge her to apply it. If you were to do this, what would you charge? ie; half price? Etc?
Opinions please - would be most grateful! Thanks!

I would charge your normal price. Yes, you're using her tan, but you're still using your time and you can't guarantee her results :)

I'm assuming you mean the client is a fellow professional rather than someone trying to save a few quid?

If so, can you agree a treatment swap perhaps?

If she's a therapist, I can understand her wanting to use her own supplies otherwise, it's a bit tricky advertising her services and wearing a different brand to the one she promotes.

I'm assuming you mean the client is a fellow professional rather than someone trying to save a few quid?

If so, can you agree a treatment swap perhaps?

If she's a therapist, I can understand her wanting to use her own supplies otherwise, it's a bit tricky advertising her services and wearing a different brand to the one she promotes.
I agree. If she's Joe public wanting to provide her own tan, I'd refuse as you have no guarantee of what you're using.

Vic x

Thanks for all the replies -
She is just a client & not a professional. She has her own fake tan (something bought from boots but not st Tropez) & said she wants me to put it on as I know what I'm doing & said she was wanting to pay for my time to put it on. So wasn't sure whether to charge her my normal price.

You could get client to sign a disclaimer if she insists on her own tan. Would that work for you?

Yes I could do Claire. Thanks

Yes get a disclaimer form so you are covered!!! Does the customer want this applied by hand or is it professional solution used with a HVLP spray machine ? I would charge the same amount as usual!!!

Happy Tanning :) x

Last edited:
It's just going to be applied by hand. Thanks for your advice sunless sun uk! :)

No problem Debz. By hand i would charge £20 ha x

Happy Tanning :) x

Latest posts

Back