Applying Gelac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothfairy

Reaction score
Does anyone else experience flooding when applying the first coat of colour .
I prepp the nail and apply base coat then when I apply the first coat of colour is seems to marbleize and seems to spread across the whole nail and is patchy.
I mix the colour by shaking the bottle and still the same.
Any one have any ideas?

Does anyone else experience flooding when applying the first coat of colour .yes mines the same,i was goin to ask the same question on here.
I prepp the nail and apply base coat then when I apply the first coat of colour is seems to marbleize and seems to spread across the whole nail and is patchy.I still carry the stages on and cure it,the second coat doesn't seem runny at all.
Any one have any ideas?

Also when you apply the base coat after curing it says it should be grainy not shiny,but mines shiny.
what do u think im doin wrong?

x Laurie x

i have been dry brushing the base coat after curing, like you do with gellish foundation, i've done a set on toes a week ago, still perfect & have done 2 sets on fingers today, fingers crossed its going to stop the chipping!!!

i have had a nightmare with my gelac -ended up taking it bk! chipped after 3 days!!! i found it horriblw to apply!!!

good luck with it tho!! xxxx

Well it survived the first day on client who was opening boxes & stacking shelves all day at work!! I applied it to my friend who's a hairdresser today so she's going to put it to the test in the salon tomorrow!!!

I applied it to my self on Sunday, 4days on and no chipping so far!

Does anyone else experience flooding when applying the first coat of colour .yes mines the same,i was goin to ask the same question on here.
I prepp the nail and apply base coat then when I apply the first coat of colour is seems to marbleize and seems to spread across the whole nail and is patchy.I still carry the stages on and cure it,the second coat doesn't seem runny at all.
Any one have any ideas?

Also when you apply the base coat after curing it says it should be grainy not shiny,but mines shiny.
what do u think im doin wrong?

x Laurie x
hi to avoid the the shine you need to pat it lightly after you have applied the base coat and before curing. I don't think this product is very good and colours are not great, I am opting for Shellac where there no buffing to nail required .

Im starting to panic now with my gelac. I bought the kit and have done several sets now but can't get them to last more then 4-5 days.
Im so frustrated and I don't feel confident now to use on clients. My area manager had now left the company but spoke to the suppliers and they sent me a new base coat but still having the same prblem.Does anyone have good results? before I give up and invest in Gelish or Shellac.
Thanks Carrie x

Does anyone else experience flooding when applying the first coat of colour .
I prepp the nail and apply base coat then when I apply the first coat of colour is seems to marbleize and seems to spread across the whole nail and is patchy.
Any one have any ideas?

I too hate the first coat as I have the same problem as you. Wondered whether I was applying too much basecoat! Will try to blot the basecoat before curing.

Hi I love Gelac it needs to be appled in a specific way.The distributors are holding FOC training it maybe worth getting in touch.There Head office number is 01827280080 xxx

It Simply does not work I tried everything and nothing made it last more than a wk. I have been trying to get my money back from suppliers but they do not want to no apparently I'm the only person with a problem well hello!!!!!! I have been using shellac for the past month and it's in a different league I no it's more expensive but it's def worth the money in comparison to that other muck! All my clients have been re shellacked and it's lasting well over the two wks, also the colour is far better more intense and much shinier. I really can't rave about it enough. I have decided to just forget about the money I lost on gelac unless anyone in ireland is interested in joining me in complaining to the suppliers!

Also in regards to gelac being applied in a specific way, shellac also is applied in a specific way and there's no problems and no faff. The makers of gelac even told me to cut the base coat brush back etc etc and it was still chipping how much more specific can it be!!

After seeing a rep at my local wholesalers yesterday I was advised that they have now brought out a new base coat. Its called bonding base coat, no need to faff around with dabbing or cutting brushes just apply after prep. She demoed it and didn't seem any flooding. She kindly changed the old base coat for the new bonding base coat for me.

hi,
im a new nail tech and bought the pink, i applyed it to my mum who is a farmer and she is on day 8 with no chips!
this is what i did:
filed nail
wiped with acetone
white block buffed over nail
acetone again
one coat of gelac then cure
second coat cure
then normal clear top coat
And it has lasted all this time! give it ago....:green:

hi,
im a new nail tech and bought the pink, i applyed it to my mum who is a farmer and she is on day 8 with no chips!
this is what i did:
filed nail
wiped with acetone
white block buffed over nail
acetone again
one coat of gelac then cure
second coat cure
then normal clear top coat
And it has lasted all this time! give it ago....:green:

Did you apply base coat ?????

Hi
I didnt apply basecoat.
I have totally done it all wrong (as not had any training ) and from what it sounds like mine has lasted the longest! :idea:
weird

michelle

Wow I am gonna give this a go

Latest posts

Back