Applying Glitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deby

Reaction score
when i do glitter tips i tend to do the whole of zone 1 with the coloured glitters.
Do any of you do it with clear then build up with the glitter then finish of with a coatin of the clear.
Its just that most of my clients tend to get bored with the colour by there second visit so thought by doin it this way would make it easier to change the colour...........

It depends whether I am sculpting or tipping - if sculpting then I do clear, glitter, then clear and then you can file back to the clear. If tipping, I just glitter and then clear - when changing you just file back to the tip.

Hope that makes sense.

yeh that makes sense thanks.
also after a few visits the pinks tend to look very faded and mucky is this somethin im doing wrong?????

Just do your nails as normal, then put a thin coat of glitter, that way if you need to change the colour its only a thin layer you have to file away.:)

Just do your nails as normal, then put a thin coat of glitter, that way if you need to change the colour its only a thin layer you have to file away.:)

Do you mean without covering in clear.

This may work for some glitters but some will not take kindly to being filed. Capping in clear allows for a much smoother finish.

also after a few visits the pinks tend to look very faded and mucky is this somethin im doing wrong?????

That sounds like pocket lifting hun, I would remove more old product when doing the re balance, but to avoid it all together you need to make sure that you are not running your finger over the middle of the nail after you have prepped, that might sound daft, but I was being so careful with my prep and it wasn't until I went for some 121 training that I found out why I was getting lifting in the middle of zone 2. I was running my thumb over the nail after I removed the shine to make sure it was all smooth and of course that was putting skin oil onto the nail plate, by re balance time I had pocket lifting which shows up as cloudy dis colouring.

Do you finish off your nails with a uv top coat gloss after refining them? If so, it may be that you are not removing all of that before you do infills?
Or it could be as Susi said, pocket lifting, but that looks cloudy

Do you mean without covering in clear.

This may work for some glitters but some will not take kindly to being filed. Capping in clear allows for a much smoother finish.

You can either put a thin layer of clear acrilic/gel over it or just use your uv top coat.

Latest posts

Back