Applying L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
More advise needed if poss... Im not sure what Im doing wrong in zone 3...But finding it difficult to achieve an even flat "melt in" edge around the cuticle area. I place bead, let settle, lightly pat and finally stroke down to tip. Some of my guinea pigs are experiencing quite a bit of lifting and I make sure I remove cuiticle, prime and scrubfresh. Could it be that Im not pressing the edge enough and just letting in settle? Ive read the product application tutorial & thought it was fantastic, but cant seem to do the push & pull action without creating a ledge and an uneven messy edge. Any advice very welcome!:Grope: Many Thanks.

have you tried by chance looking at vedio tut's.
YN has one TT and maybe look at those and see if there is anything you can catch on too.
Maybe reading isnt enough try getting an application training video to see I know YN has a really good one.
Can you do a 1:1 with a trainer for your product?

More advise needed if poss... Im not sure what Im doing wrong in zone 3...But finding it difficult to achieve an even flat "melt in" edge around the cuticle area. I place bead, let settle, lightly pat and finally stroke down to tip. Some of my guinea pigs are experiencing quite a bit of lifting and I make sure I remove cuiticle, prime and scrubfresh. Could it be that Im not pressing the edge enough and just letting in settle? Ive read the product application tutorial & thought it was fantastic, but cant seem to do the push & pull action without creating a ledge and an uneven messy edge. Any advice very welcome!:Grope: Many Thanks.
if youre product was wetter you could push and pull it easier without it going so bitty and messy every where, it must be lifting cos your tuoching the cuticle, or theres still dust and particles on the nail plate...good luck chik xxx

What product are you using? Maybe start another thread including the name of the product as the title? you may get extra help..especially with your prep routine/primer.
Ratio is very important as liz commented..when its spot on most product will play nicely. I find i tend to struggle with working too dry sometimes and those clients always return with lifting:eek:
Sometimes depending on the room temp and changing weather, ratios do need adjustment..when everything is going well..it has to be tweaked again, i find:lol:

Thanks for all your replys guys!!! Its probably a combination of all, Im sure my brush angle is wrong, the product is either too wet or too dry, too big or too small, am probably patting when I should be pressing and nudgeing when I should be stroking etc etc !!! So wish it was easy!! I thought learning to drive was difficult.....nails....a million times harder!! I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get there. Does something just "click" in your head oneday, & it all seems to make perfect sense??.. I do hope so. Using creative L&P, I dont know much about any of the other products. I was taught that primer isnt essential, just scrubfresh, should I be using primer?? Any advice welcome, Many Thanks to all x

If you are using creative products then no you don't need a primer it is a primer less system,
yes it does all click into place one day and then you will find another area of your work that you are not totally happy with lol, that is why we all do further courses as well as to keep up to date :hug:

Hun, remember that Sam says to apply scrub fresh to each nail for a full five seconds, trust me it works firmly work over the whole nail, get right into your side walls by holding the finger with your other hand and pulling the skin down slightly and you will find it really does make a big difference to the amount of lifting you get. Keep at it hun, you'll get there:hug:

Hun, remember that Sam says to apply scrub fresh to each nail for a full five seconds, trust me it works firmly work over the whole nail, get right into your side walls by holding the finger with your other hand and pulling the skin down slightly and you will find it really does make a big difference to the amount of lifting you get. Keep at it hun, you'll get there:hug:
Thanks for the advise, I dont think Ive been doing a proper job, was only wiping down the nail a few times, but will make sure I scrub properly everytime!! Thanks x

Thanks for all your replys guys!!! Its probably a combination of all, Im sure my brush angle is wrong, the product is either too wet or too dry, too big or too small, am probably patting when I should be pressing and nudgeing when I should be stroking etc etc !!! So wish it was easy!! I thought learning to drive was difficult.....nails....a million times harder!! I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get there. Does something just "click" in your head oneday, & it all seems to make perfect sense??.. I do hope so. Using creative L&P, I dont know much about any of the other products. I was taught that primer isnt essential, just scrubfresh, should I be using primer?? Any advice welcome, Many Thanks to all x

While it is a primerless system (retention+) I have a girl who i use acid free primer on aswell.. i found it the only answer to her ongoing issues with lifting.. she is a waitress/dishie and her nails needed more.. you need to adjust with your clients imo.. i put primer on my own enhancements because i swim alot.. every persons nails will need different care..
keep at it, yes it will click one day.. but it wont be the end.. you will still have :grr: days!!!

Latest posts

Back