Applying Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabeautie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I painted my mother in laws nails (both fingers and toes) when they were last over in England, and I have a question for you.

Before I done her nails, she said that nail polish NEVER stays put on her and always chips and peels off. So, I thought it was because she doesnt use a base/top coat and doesnt look after them, etc etc...

So, I tidied her nails up, scrub freshed them really well, applied Stickey, two coats of nail polish and then finish with air dry. I even sent her back with a top coat. Then the next morning we meeted to say goodbye before they went back to Spain, and her polish had literally peeled on nearly every finger!! :irked: Although her toes were fine!

Why could this be happening? She is on some medication (Im not entirely sure what for, she does have really bad legs and trouble walking) but apart from that all is well, she has a very healthy diet etc...

Thanks xx

Hi everyone,

I painted my mother in laws nails (both fingers and toes) when they were last over in England, and I have a question for you.

Before I done her nails, she said that nail polish NEVER stays put on her and always chips and peels off. So, I thought it was because she doesnt use a base/top coat and doesnt look after them, etc etc...

So, I tidied her nails up, scrub freshed them really well, applied Stickey, two coats of nail polish and then finish with air dry. I even sent her back with a top coat. Then the next morning we meeted to say goodbye before they went back to Spain, and her polish had literally peeled on nearly every finger!! :irked: Although her toes were fine!

Why could this be happening? She is on some medication (Im not entirely sure what for, she does have really bad legs and trouble walking) but apart from that all is well, she has a very healthy diet etc...

Thanks xx

This is not a unique problem. There are many clients who cannot tolerate polish ... and the bad news is they will also not tolerate any kind of enhancement either. Some peoples' body chemistry is just like that.

Last edited:
I totally agree with Gigi on this one - I have had two in my career that couldn't wear any kind of enhancements - they lifted right of the fingernail within a week.

The only suggestion I could make would be to try using a primer on the natural nail before basecoat and polish- it may help.

My fingernails do that too. Toenails are fine, polish stays on for weeks looking perfect. Fingernails, one day if I'm lucky and if I keep my hands out of water. I've come to the conclusion that my nails just don't like it! :rolleyes: They are quite flexible, so I think when they bend the polish just cracks and comes off.

I have a lady like that too. nothing stays on and the last thing we are trying next is minx. she cant tolerate, polish, L&P or gel.

luckily its quite rare but very frustrating.

tigi

xx

I have a lot of Barry M nail polish to use just me and my mum and friends etc not for business i find it's fine on my toes but peels off in 1 big sheet on my finger nails.
Not good it's very weird.

my other polishes rnt like that.

Latest posts

Back