Applying Primer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novice

Reaction score
Once you have done all of your nail prep and applied tips, do you apply primer to all ten nails - or do you put it on one nail then apply l & p and then apply to second nail and so on?

Once you have done all of your nail prep and applied tips, do you apply primer to all ten nails - or do you put it on one nail then apply l & p and then apply to second nail and so on?
The way i was tought was to apply it to all ten nail plates, carefull not to get any on the tips, let it dry then apply your L&P.I am just wondering why you were not tought this in training??

You should have covered this in your training ... are you sure you ARE training?

Hmm I have learnt my lesson here, i didnt look at your profile 1st Novice.Being the person I am i just thought because you were on a PROFESSIONAL forum,then you were a professional? However after what Gigi has just posted i had a look at your profile and you have not filled out any info about who you are trained with and also the systems you use ETC.
When I was trained,the question that you asked was covered on our 1st day,so even if you are in-training you should have had this question covered?This is not a forum to come and get free training,we have all paid good money for that,and you should do the same.
Please dont come on to this web site and ask questions if you have had no formal training,doing nails even if its just on your self, with out proper training is very bad it also dangerous and also if you do decide to let loose on the public untrained you might just end up sued!Please get some proper training and then come back and chat with all of us geeks!!

heaps of non-techs post in here ....... can't you spot em ?

maybe novice was just asking for peoples opinions of their own preferred method.........

heaps of non-techs post in here ....... can't you spot em ?
LOL!! I was thinking that her question seemed a bit strange,but I answered anyway....:grr:
I couldnt understand how this was not covered in her training even if she is still in-training she should have known this.
I feel like an idiot telling her what to do,but we all make mistakes,I just have to learn from it!

i wonder if novice will respond?

Well thank you everybody for all of you comments -

I have just finished my training and this subjuect was covered - we were told to apply to all ten nails first.
However, I have been going to a salon for the last 10 years and the tech there does prime one at a time.
I was only asking to see what others do - perhaps my question wasn't very clear.

Mind you from all the negative remarks it looks like everyone on here doesn't want to help any 'novice' techs.
We all have to start somewhere and I thought as most of you are supposed to be professionals it would be the best place to start - OBVIOUSLY NOT.
Perhaps when I have been doing nails for the next 10 years I will be good enough to come back and join in with your forums.

Where's the Christmas spirit and season of goodwill to all men!!!!!

I will try not to bother you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Novice, perhaps you should fill in your profile, it helps people know what you havee done and where you are at (in your skills)

This is how i use primer.
most of the time i prime all five (i work one hand at a time), wait for the primer to dry and apply another coat. remember to blot on a linf free pad initially before applying.
If i have clients who are prone to lifting, the only one i know of is me....then i do one finger at a time,
hth x

Before you take your bat and ball home with you, try to understand that your post was like 10,000 others from non techs who want free training/advice from us here on the site .... mostly so they do not have to fork out for the training needed to become insured and trained.

A give-away for these type of people is that they NEVER fill out their profiles AND your profile is how we can learn a bit about YOU and your level of experience. So ... if you don't fill out your profile, then you can't really expect bundles of help and support ... season of good will or not.

So rather than pointing the finger of blame at WE who spend hours on the site giving help and encouragement to those who are trained and ask for it ... forgive us if we don't really want to give that type of help and encouragement to those who are untrained and ask for it.

If you are trained and had filled in your profile and let us know about it, you would have had quite a different response. Even if you had written this further information the response would have been totally different ....
I have just finished my training and this subjuect was covered - we were told to apply to all ten nails first. However, I have been going to a salon for the last 10 years and the tech there does prime one at a time.

Latest posts

Back