Applying white tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole<3

Reaction score
Because ive never atempted the damn things i havent a clue, i looked it up in 'the complete nail technician' but it only shows you the one method... and thats applying the tip and structuring with gel (no blending etc just take the shine off)
I thought i had it sussed until my friend came over and told me her sister thats curently training applys the white tip then buffs them down and uses silk as an overlay, I wasnt sure if she meant she just takes the shine off or what its all so mind boggling to me!!
Whats the correct way to do them? :eek:Help.. please lol.

Prep in usual way, shape free edge, apply tip, cut to desired length and shape, buff slightly, dust and apply system you are using!

HTH Teri x

Theres a pic of some silks with white tips in my gallery.

You sort of have to pre-blend them to get rid of the edge, the thumb in the pic is one that hasn't been done very well which is why there appears ot be that ridge.

The corners need to be blended in as well as these show up under fabric, again some of the nails in my pic show the corners too much.

The shine definatly needs to come off but you need to take quite a bit of the thickness from the smile/well area, not too much though as you can then see a two tone affect.

HTH's a bit x x x

Theres a pic of some silks with white tips in my gallery.

You sort of have to pre-blend them to get rid of the edge, the thumb in the pic is one that hasn't been done very well which is why there appears ot be that ridge.

The corners need to be blended in as well as these show up under fabric, again some of the nails in my pic show the corners too much.

The shine definatly needs to come off but you need to take quite a bit of the thickness from the smile/well area, not too much though as you can then see a two tone affect.

HTH's a bit x x x
Thanks for the help as i would preffer to use silks with my first atempt i just didnt want to get ahead of myself and aply the tip then buff away making the edges 'smudgy'
Do you cover the whole nail and how many layers of silk do you use?
sorry for bombarding you ith questions lol

when i do white tips i normally take a bit of the well out so they are not to false looking you can do this wjth your file i use rounded scissors i think you can also use your tip cutter at an angle or the wrong way round??Then remove the shine a slightly thin i use a block buffer and apply what ever product.Also the wellless tips are good you can put them right on the end of your natural free edge

wot ever system you use you still apply your tips in exactly the same way.when using silk i normally apply stress strips then a full strip all the way over the nail

I size and blend the tip
Apply and blend some more (go easy though)
I resin up to the smile and allow to dry
Cut and apply the silk
Resin and activate
Resin and airdry
Build an apex airdry

HTH's

I would strongly recommend that you take a class in this, the wraps systems is a system that can work brilliant when you know the ins and outs, but you can soon become dissapointed with it, if you fail to get the result you are aiming for if you go it alone. Just a thought hun xxx
For generic Wrap systems:
I do this in rotation ,so its finger 1 -10 not one finger a a time

1. Prep the natural nails as you normaly would, cuticle aso.
  2. Pre taylor your white tips, this means refining the smile line shape, to suit the clients natural nail shape.
  3. Adhere the tips
  4. Cut to requiered length
  5. Remove the shine with a 240 buffer
  6. Dust off the tips
  7. Scrubfresh the natural nail plate till it squeeks.
  8. Apply a layer of resin, let this air dry.
  9. Apply a strip of Fibreglass/Silk covering zones 3 and 2+ (this means just over the smile line of the tip, this reduces the step found when applying white tips)
  10. Apply another layer of Fibreglass/Silk.
  11. Press Fibreglass/Silk firmly on to the nail with the backing of the used strip.... you know the empty paper bit thats left over.... press dont rub, or you will disturb the mesh.
  12. Resin all ten nails, let this air dry this gives the mesh a chance to do its thing.
  13. Resin all ten nails again and activate after the last finger has been resined.
  14. Shape the free edge.
  15. Refine the cuticle edge and sidewalls with a 240 file.
  16. Lightly buff with a 240 buffer, easy does it as you don't want to remove to much of the resin from the mesh.
  17. Use your builder resin, thick viscosity Resin and brush on activator, to perfect the apex, this gives the nail a fab shape and also strengthens your stress area.
  18. I finish the nail with a Koala buffer 240 grit side for smooth surface and the 1200 grit side of the Koala with a tad of Solar Oil for a scratch free finish.
  19. Remove any oil residual and apply french enamel of your choice.

There are more than one way of doing this ,I just found that this way work best for me with a generic wrap system.
There is also this little tutorial if you want to try out the pink silk look:
[Thread=3300]Click Here:pink Silk and French Tips[/thread]
HTH

Attachments

• Gloria2 Jan05.jpg
    Gloria2 Jan05.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 125

Latest posts

Back