Appointment cancellation help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenjade90

Reaction score
Hi i've had a really bad few months, firstly I was struck down with flu and had to cancel a few appointments during this time and then a week later my aunty died unexpectedly and again had to cancel a few appointments but I didn't take anymore appointments for a few weeks after that...I let all the ladies I cancelled know the situation I apologised and offered them all 25% off their next appointments all fine they all understood :) I think over the whole time of flu and my aunties death I cancelled 6 appointments.Now moving on I recently moved so took 2 weeks off to get moved in and sorted ect and started back at work yesterday but due to a unforseen circumstances at the property I had to cancel my last appointment of the day to get back home quickly, she re booked for today and all was well it turned out it worked better for us both but today, due to my husband been called into work,I need to be at the property so I needed to cancel my appointments again, I called both my ladies booked in this afternoon and explained the situation now they are both going crazy and have slated me on my Facebook page I understand they must be annoyed and I do feel for them, I just really didn't have another option I don't have anyone else that could be at the property so I could go to my appointments...I've offered both ladies other appointments and discounts and i've also suggested the details of someone that can fit me them in but they still aren't happy...to be completely honest I now feel like I don't want them as clients at all after there behaviour...has anyone got any suggestions how to calm the situation down it would be greatly appreciated, I also feel really bad as I have now cancelled 9 appointments in 2 months due to one reason or another that has been out of my control...am I a bad nail technician because of this ? Xx
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Unfortunately things do come up in life and it happens however when the same person has been cancelled more than once for all be it a different reason, they're rightly so upset/annoyed.

I get upset if someone cancels an appointment I book once. If they do it again I'm annoyed and find somewhere else.

People have a certain level of compassion. Unfortunately for you lots has happened in a short space of time (sorry for your loss) and been slightly out of your control. However from a business point of view they are unfortunately likely to lose faith in you and find someone else. They see it as un-professional.

It's up to you to see this as a good or bad thing. There isn't too much you can do. Like I say, these things happen.

To be honest if I was a client and had been cancelled so many times in such a short time frame I would just not use you again.
Everyone reacts in different ways and as much as I feel slating you on facebook isnt the right way, I can also understand how angry they will be feeling.
From what you have written it sounds like you have too much going on in your life at the moment to commit to appointments and due to this maybe a longer break is in order then start again when there is no risk of so many cancellations.

Hope this helps

Sorry you've had a rough time recently, things tend to all come at once I find.

I think initially, offering the discount and explaining your situation was a good thing. Clients have compassion when faced with illness or bereavement I find and most are happy to reschedule short term. Re the problems you've had with the property.....if I was a client I'd be a bit annoyed in all honesty, especially if I'd previously moved appointments to help out. People will be understanding to a point, but we all have issues with trying to fit day to day appointments ie dentists, plumbers, taking deliveries that I think I'd see it as unprofessional if I was cancelled because of this. Maybe the ladies had to take annual leave for their appointments or arrange childcare for example.

If it happens again, could you not offer for them to come to you as a one off if you're needed at the property? Or maybe work a day you wouldn't normally work on to catch up on clients? If they see you're apologetic and going out of your way to accommodate them, they may be more understanding. If you've just cancelled with no alternative option offered, the likelihood is their loyalty may be jeopardised.

Thank you for your responses, the issue with my property is work I couldn't really expect a client to have treatment though as it was very unexpected with building work involved...I have managed to resolve the issues and rebook appointments with the clients over the next few days working late night and early mornings as it is bank holiday weekend...I really do hope this is the last big incident I have in my life for along time now they do say it comes in threes...looking back through my appointments book and I have noticed that the 2 most upset ladies are the ones that book me and then cancel at short notice and after speak to one of the ladies calmly she thought I was doing it to prove a point which I wasn't but I think after I have done the treatments will be parting ways(probably for the best given the rough history with appointments on both sides)

Xx

Latest posts

Back