Appointment systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyM

Reaction score
Hi
I’ve recently opened a larger salon with 8 members of staff and we are all working from an appointment book. I’m trying to run a full time column as well as trying to keep a track of what clients are booked in, who showed up who didn’t, chase clients for deposit (if it’s a large appointment) and send text reminders to as many clients as I can. I’ve looked into getting a booking system in and got a quote off Shortcuts, which actually did everything I wanted but the amount it was going to cost was unreal and the salesman was VERY pushy so I decided against it. Can anyone recommend a good one to go through and roughy how much it costs? Every time I search online the salesman always call me and wants to meet up and won’t give me a rough price and from past experience I won’t let myself get in that situation again unless I’m 100% happy with them. Xx

We use treatwell, works great - and automatically sends a reminder text 24 hours before apps

Hi
I’ve recently opened a larger salon with 8 members of staff and we are all working from an appointment book. I’m trying to run a full time column as well as trying to keep a track of what clients are booked in, who showed up who didn’t, chase clients for deposit (if it’s a large appointment) and send text reminders to as many clients as I can. I’ve looked into getting a booking system in and got a quote off Shortcuts, which actually did everything I wanted but the amount it was going to cost was unreal and the salesman was VERY pushy so I decided against it. Can anyone recommend a good one to go through and roughy how much it costs? Every time I search online the salesman always call me and wants to meet up and won’t give me a rough price and from past experience I won’t let myself get in that situation again unless I’m 100% happy with them. Xx
Good luck with the new venture @LucyM - exciting times! Treatwell provides salon software (Connect) which offers everything you've said you need, and it starts at £15 per month with no fixed term contract. Our £30pm option includes free SMS appointment reminders and free online bookings from your own website (or a free website if you don't have one). The software connects to our marketplace so we also help you find new clients. If you want any more details don't hesitate to PM me, otherwise good luck with the salon :)

We use Phorest at the salon I work in and it does all those things! Don’t know the price though

We use Ovatu. There’s four of us. Staff can access their column from home (but you can limit what they see). You can view from phone, iPad, laptop etc. It sends text reminders and emails and you can set booking fees for larger bookings (so if they book online they have to pay a fee) and you can have online booking. Costs £45 pm for up to 10 staff and no extra costs. We sometimes have to but more texts but they’re cheap as chips.

There’s no set up fee and no contract. We’ve had it for about 4 years now!

Vic x

Hi there,
Booksy is a also a Booking system. Social integration, database, marketing, reminders and more is all included. plus with your online booking calendar which is in real time. we don't take % off any of your bookings and there's no set up fees, or hidden prices. you can also take deposits or charge cancellation fees through the system as well. For 8 staff your looking at £100 per month. This is the maximum you would ever pay, even if you took on extra staff. There is no contract with Booksy either. Hope this helps xx

I use Shedul and it's FREE! I love it! So far it's just a booking/scheduling app, but they are working toward adding a loyalty program and a POS/ payment system. I think it's UK based, too.

Another vote for Shedul, they have been fab, yes, UK based.

Latest posts

Back