Appointments or drop in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taw

Reaction score
Hi I'm a foot health practitioner, been doing mobile nail cutting corns callus etc for about a year. Just taken a chair rent in a hair salon for one day a week to run a foot care clinic. Starting 29 June. Prepping advertising stuff and have a question - drop in or appointment only? Never done this before. Scared if I advertise appts no one will book and if I do drop in people might get fed up waiting, treatments are for either 30 or 60 mins. Have to build new client base as in new area. Any thoughts or experience with this?

I would suggest that you advertise the hours you are there and take appointments . You will still be able to accommodate walk ins if you are free.

My feeling with foot treatments is that clients plan this and book every 6-8 weeks. It's not something you get done on impulse

May I suggest that you don't do "drop-ins" as people might get the impression that if your not very busy then you aren't any good.

Make sure your advertising is very clear about when you are there and what your charges are. In that way prospective clients have informed choice about your services.

HTH

Latest posts

Back