Appraise petroleum jelly for lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Please don't shoot me down. I am a professional therapist. I qualified in lashes in 2013 but after a couple of sets I gave up and focused on nails. I love doing nails but want to vary my day so i took a refresher course in individual lashes and have started doing them on models. Twice I have managed to stick a couple of lashes from the top to the bottom lashes. I use micropore tape and gel patches and still this happens. So I wondered if I could dab a little petroleum jelly on the corner lashes. This seems to be where they stick. Would this work. Obviously I would have to be super careful to not get it in the eye. Any tips would be very welcome x

I am interested in this also, I have just started doing extensions and get them stuck to each other too!

I am interested in this also, I have just started doing extensions and get them stuck to each other too!
Sorry to hear this. Isn't it scary. I have managed to remain calm and unstick them but its not nice x

I am having the same issue. I thought it was to do with my client talking and making the lashes stick but it's not. It sits on the top lash fine then I do the other eye and by the time I go back to the first eye it has stuck itself to the lower lashes. Absolute pain and hurts my client to remove them, she is really pain sensitive too so it's a nightmare :confused:

Hi sorry to hear you are having this trouble. Have you tried a bit of micro pore tape to the top of the lash so that it slightly lifts this from the gel pad? Also try and get the clients not to talk, let them listen to music etc or headphones as it can be a nightmare trying to lash when they are talking!

i have the same problem and asked in a lash group on Facebook. A lot of people said they also have the issue and it’s part and parcel of being a lash tech. One tip I did get is to put the gel patches on first and then use tape to tape down any random little ones, I was putting tape in first and then gel patches so am going to try this next time

I think I have sussed my problem and it may be yours too. I was using too much glue so it was seeping down on to the bottom lashes. These days with the new stronger glues you really only need the tiniest of drop of glue right on the bottom and you don't have to swipe the glue up the lash to bond the whole thing either. You can also use a little air puffer if you do still spot that the glue looks wet before moving on to the other eye. Do one eye then the next. I have been able to do a full set of Russians like this on my practice head and I'm not even trained in that yet.

Latest posts

Back