Apprentice expectations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
Hello all
To those of you who have hired an apprentice what do you look for and expect of them on their trial day. Do you do a trial day after you have interviewed them? I do and to be honest I'm not impressed with some of them at the moment.
For instance I have had a few who have just sat on their backside all afternoon. If it was me I'd be trying to impress the hell out of my prospective employer, by way of asking if they needed anything doing, tidying up etc. iykwim.:rolleyes:
I don't get it. It cracks me up. I can't bare lazyness. :rolleyes:

I think you've almost answered your own question there! Lol.

Personally I'd have a list of expectations (excluding treatment standards as this would be an added bonus if they were already achieving expectations) and give them say, half a dozen tasks for the day but make it clear you expect them to use their initiative too.

That way you can assess them on both what you did ask them to do as well as what you didn't!

Hope this makes sense!

Debbs xo

I think you've almost answered your own question there! Lol.

Personally I'd have a list of expectations (excluding treatment standards as this would be an added bonus if they were already achieving expectations) and give them say, half a dozen tasks for the day but make it clear you expect them to use their initiative too.

That way you can assess them on both what you did ask them to do as well as what you didn't!

Hope this makes sense!

Debbs xo
Lol yes I guess I did a answer my own question. I have given a list of expectations and what I want doing etc, but a few I've had in so far seem bloody clueless. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back