Apprentice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Are you going to be training the people or will they be doing their training through a college or private training, and then your salon supervising their progress as in an apprentiship?
If the person is already fully trained in nail techniques then they need to get working on the public straight away, but the public also need to be aware that the person doing their nails is newly qualified, there might be some errors, the timings will be slower etc, but the price they are paying reflects this.
If you are training them yourself, again, they need real people to practice on. When I went to college it was the other students in the class we did our training on not practice hands. The idea behind this was because you get the real feel of what working on a hand is really like. Maybe do a day where clients book in especially for the trainee.
And as for insurance (as other people have mentioned) student insurance is available.
Hope this helps xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Hi,
Are you going to be training the people or will they be doing their training through a college or private training, and then your salon supervising their progress as in an apprentiship?
If the person is already fully trained in nail techniques then they need to get working on the public straight away, but the public also need to be aware that the person doing their nails is newly qualified, there might be some errors, the timings will be slower etc, but the price they are paying reflects this.
If you are training them yourself, again, they need real people to practice on. When I went to college it was the other students in the class we did our training on not practice hands. The idea behind this was because you get the real feel of what working on a hand is really like. Maybe do a day where clients book in especially for the trainee.
And as for insurance (as other people have mentioned) student insurance is available.
Hope this helps xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thanks for that this is another good answer

You might want to learn some people skills and manners if you want to be a success in business. We are only trying to help and half a story is no good.

Good luck with your businesses.

all my staff do that for me ;)

all my staff do that for me ;)

Dont know why people are even giving you advice, your rude and obnoxious and shouldn't be getting help from people who take their time out to reply to you.

Learn some people skills and come back with a better attitude because If you carry on with that attitude you won't get any help at all

I think the best answer for this question is "how long is a piece of string".

I do hope you find my response more informative than those pesky people asking you questions in their secret ploy to do anything but answer your question. :love:

I do hope you find my response more informative than those pesky people asking you questions in their secret ploy to do anything but answer your question. :love:

Hardly!

The poster asked a perfectly reasonable question in a perfectly friendly manner that was not rude at all. Then no one answered the question but decided to give her a grilling about insurance; that wasn't necessary. So she asked again and personally I think the responses she got have more rude than anything the OP ever said.

To answer your question OP

I have trained many many technicians who came to me 'qualified" but had no experience and were not doing beautiful, flawless and long lasting nails.

Each apprentice worked side by side with me at a double desk for an average of about 3 months before they were Working on their own without needing supervision. It usually took that long to produce the superior standard we required in our salon and for ehich we were well known.

During that 3 months we offered the public full sets done by the apprentice for half price (about 20.00) on anyone who wanted that option. We oversaw and checked the work always. We also allowed the apprentice to do polishing to hone those skills along with manicuring during this 3 month period. Her work was always checked.

Last edited:
We also take apprentices on in my salon, for the first say month they are at college one day a week and come to us 22 hours a week. In the first month we have them showin us watching what we do and also just practising on ourselves. We then have a pricelist made for the trainee and explaining they are not yet qualified but are fully insured and are in training towards the treatments and that they are going to be overseen by a therapist so basically discounted treatments for 20 weeks(there actual course length) we don't tend to charge full price until they are fully qualified.

Latest posts

Back