Apprentices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcgiles

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with apprenticeship help form the government.
We have now been told to increase our aprentices wage to minimum wage and have to pay whilst she is at college which is 14 hours a week the colleague has now extended one evening by 1 hour which we have to pay.
It doesn't seem fair that we have to pay the minimum wage when she is at colleague, we are losing money in our quite periods.

We will not be taking on anymore apprentices if this is the help you get.
:irked:

I was told we have to pay apprentices a minimum of 30 hrs a week. This CAN include college days.
So if she or he is doing an extra hour at college it shouldn't effect how much you pay.. 30 hrs is 30 hrs.

But you're correct in not much help, it took me 4 weeks of badgering my local college to even get the vacancy in their website, and they sent me one! She couldn't even be bothered to set her alarm to be coherent for when I rang her at 9.15 despite her replying to my.email tne day before.

Girl took all her effort to grunt a reply.

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Is she over 18? Or a school leaver?

How old is she ?
Is she in her first year with you ?

You can claim back £1200 per apprentice from the government if this is your first apprentice in a year.

Latest posts

Back