Apprenticeship at 40 yrs old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 60877

Reaction score
Hi there,

What do you think of someone starting in hairdressing at 40?

Thank you so much!!!! :o

I went to college and studied barbering with a lady who was 49, same age as my mum, do what makes you happy, you can never stop learning =D obviously the money isnt good but I highly recommend apprenticeships

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You're never too old to learn! Good luck! X

I'm at college at minute with a 52 years old second oldest is 32

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Am so happy to see this post ! I want to do hairdressing again but was unsure also , I did an apprentership but never completed it although I worked in a salon for 2 & half yrs & had college place ment once a week. Anyway what I wanted to know is does anyone know if I would have to start over ? I know I don't have NVQ but so remeber doing & completing modules in college n gettin them signed off there & in salon ! Any advice would be great !

Miss C x

I know a woman who worked in a factory and hated it.

She always wanted to be a hairdresser but was afraid to give up her job as she had a mortgage and kids...anyways .

The factory closed down ..

So ...she did her training at 38 and is at it since and is a very content person.

That is awesome. It is never too late to learn something. Especially after you get to the age where you already know everything.

Latest posts

Back