Apprenticeship wage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stridlass

Reaction score
hi, my apprentice is comming to the end of her 2 year training, she wants to do her level 3 in her own time, should i pay her apprentership wage for under 19, or national minimum wage for 18, may own experience was my boss paid me an improvers wage untill i got my n v q 3 want to do the wright thing but at the moment she is slowly building her client list any help on this mater would be a great help.

No if she's doing her course in her own time then it should be national minimum wage in my opinion. She will not be employed with you as a apprentice so no apprentice wage x

NMW as its in her own time, but if she's currently employed as an apprentice, you have no obligation to keep her after she's qualified, you could offer to continue her employment as a level 3 apprentice, on the same set up as present (im guessing day release to college?) slowly increasing her wage to nmw as her clientele and knowledge builds. X

I thought after the first year in apprenticeship you were entitled to nmw anyway xoxo

I thought after the first year in apprenticeship you were entitled to nmw anyway xoxo

Over the age of 19 after year one your entitled to nmw. However lots of employes get around this by starting new contracts at the end of a twelve month period with a days break so it's new terms of employment, meaning they are back in the first year of apprenticeship

Over the age of 19 after year one your entitled to nmw. However lots of employes get around this by starting new contracts at the end of a twelve month period with a days break so it's new terms of employment, meaning they are back in the first year of apprenticeship

Aah, thought I'd seen it somewhere. Sadly the law was £30 per week as a minimum regardless of hours when I was aprentice for both years and only altering on second year when you were 21 xoxo

I was taking £210 weekly on my apprentice wages when qualified to level 2 , £110 weekly when level one , guess I was very lucky

Apprenticeship wage rules are:

The apprentice rate is for apprentices under 19 or those in their first year. If you’re 19 or over and past your first year you get the nmw rate that applies to your age.

We have a lot of apprentices in my office job, so I deal with these things on a daily basis I hope the above helps x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

I've been advised that I can take on an apprentice for apprentice wage of 2.65 an hour who is doing an apprentice scheme for their lev 3, is this right? I've been looking everywhere to find out but all I keep finding is 16-24 apprentice scheme 2.65 per hour and it would be their first year with me.... If this was the case though I was going to work it in to their contract that if they manage to build their column (with my help obv) to x amount that I will pay nmw for that week, and if over x amount they can achieve commission on the amount in between, I think that makes sense... Not sure it's possible though :(

Yes if they are contracted as a apprentice the lowest you can pay them is the apprentice MW. You can obviously pay them more than this.

If the apprentice is 19 and over the first year is payed at the apprenticeMW at 2.65 but the second year it has to be NMW for their age bracket
Xx

Latest posts

Back