Approached by salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han88

Reaction score
Hi geeks! Just looking for some advice.

I have been approached by a salon about doing gel nails there amongst other beauty treatments. I believe it would be on a self employed basis although the lady was talking about putting me on courses and buying equipment as she is looking to get rid of her current beauty therapist who is self employed there at the moment as she is unreliable.

Ive never worked in a salon so I'm really just looking for info on how being self employed works in a salon if you have any advice, any questions I should be asking she has said she doesn't expect me to pay rent for the first few months while I'm building up clientele as well.

Also I can't seem to change much on my profile so just to let you no I currently offer Gelish, cluster lashes, spray tan, waxing, eyebrow tinting, threading.

Thanks in advance geeks xxx

It's hard to tell if she's employing you or offering you a room to rent. This can be a slightly grey area.

If the other therapist is renting a room, as long as the rent is paid she can be as unreliable as she wants to be. If she is on a percentage share and is never there I would find that annoying. You really need to be clear as to what's on offer, what your costs are going to be and then make a decision.
Don't know if that helps!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back