Arbonne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wondered if there was anyone on here that has had experience of working for/with them and if so would you be prepared to share your experiences with my - can be via private PM if preferred?

Thanks in advance :Love:

I've got a rep coming out to see me next week, so I'd be interested to see what people think. Good and bad

Theres lots of negative comments on here as it's not a professional bramd but I would listen to them with an open mind and make your own decisions. It works for some people and is the right choice and not for others! A friend of mine is doing really well with them and her friend who owns a salon is also doing very well! Personal decision I think. x

From what I remember they are a direct marketing company which means that your clients can go out and start up selling the products. It depends how you see your business. I'm afraid that the ability for clients to buy them so readily was a big no for me.
I would recommend a professional only range for a business!

I have been approached by a couple of people wanting to sell o me and for me to sell to my clients but i'm not keen on products as very expensive (doesnt go with low cost treatments- also dont like the way the business builds up through teams and etc
Thats my own personal opinion but a friend is a consultant and loves it!!

I did it for a year or so, started off doing quite well but soon turned in to far much more hassle than it was worth.
I loved the integrality of it that's what sold it to me an to be part of a team but personally as soon as I signed in the dotted line the integrity an morals seemed to disappear. The products were nice and had some great results from the RE9 an some of my clients are now completely hooked on it.
But the business side I soon found it to get bitchy, constant phonecalls, emails, meetings, pressure to make sales an sign people up really stressed me out. I still use the products at the moment in my facials but am slowly phasing these out as I've found that my professional clients want a profession brand and it's actually put people off having facials because "they had someone try to hard sell the Arbonne before", they thought I would try an sign them up an they didn't want to so wouldn't have a facial. I've got a few sample packs in stock to use on my clients that love it. Also I love their miniature bottled samples, they're very low cost an make fab Christmas presents.
The start up costs they want you to spend is pretty expensive in my opinion which instantly puts people off signing up also the fact that you have to spend a certain amount of money with them to gain a certain number of points every month so you earn your commission (this may of changed since I stopped doing it) I found it quite dog eat dog with people trampling on others to get to the top. I found lots of promises weren't met, the figures of how much you can earn in how many months for me was codswallop (some people I agree have done it in the time they said however I don't believe this to be realistic to everyone at all). All in all I found my self very stressed and the moment I stopped doing it was a weight off my shoulders.
However this is me personally. I believe you need a hard face to do direct selling and you definitely need a certain personality. If say if your used to hard sales and people saying no to you doesn't bother you then you'd probably be good at it. I'm a good seller but only with products I believe are worth every penny and I don't hard sell them. I believed this with Arbonne to begin with as the presentation they show you is very hyped up and so are the meetings, they really know how to get you excited and believing just unfortunately for me it didn't last long :) xxxxxx

The extremely low percentage rate upon success, the people who attended the presentation and the fact anyone can sign up to buy them from the Internet made me decide very quickly that this was a non starter from the beginning.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been approached by an arbonne rep she was so so pushy put me off straight away. She did give me some samples to use I did not rate the products at all, I thought the packaging wasn't that attractive either and they are very expensive. Took me ages to get her off of my case I was annoyed! It's up to you but I wasn't impressed by them at all! X

there is no real evidence of the ingredients, its very vague they just tell you key ingredients.
also their approach is very "cult like" (no offence).
I had a client come in for a facial and start the hard sell on ME while I was recommending to her, then said id like me meet you for a coffee soon so we might be able to discuss it further what do you think? (er no sorry not very professional of me but thanks)
the whole white Mercedes thing is so creepy ive got a friend who sells it and they had to fork out so much money to start out then they've got to recruit people to sell aswell, to me that makes no sense cause if you are recruiting sellers (mainly friends and family) who will you sell the products to??? you're not going to reach those targets I think.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

there is no real evidence of the ingredients, its very vague they just tell you key ingredients.
also their approach is very "cult like" (no offence).
I had a client come in for a facial and start the hard sell on ME while I was recommending to her, then said id like me meet you for a coffee soon so we might be able to discuss it further what do you think? (er no sorry not very professional of me but thanks)
the whole white Mercedes thing is so creepy ive got a friend who sells it and they had to fork out so much money to start out then they've got to recruit people to sell aswell, to me that makes no sense cause if you are recruiting sellers (mainly friends and family) who will you sell the products to??? you're not going to reach those targets I think.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you've hit the nail on the head with there very "cult like".

Well this is exactly what I thought about, but also thought I might here some some plus points here.

The rep I spoke to sells it in her salon and she was quite laid back about it. She loved the products, but wasn't pushy at all.

I'm going to go with my gut, which is right most of the time! No go for me.

Yep I've always called them 'the cult' too lol! The reps drive me mad too that I've ended up being rude to the last few who have contacted me as I've just got so sick of them! I know the patter by now that I don't even have to ask who they work for when they say 'I've got something to speak to you about that would run great alongside your business as a bolt on!'

I've met many reps and seen many people sign up but I've yet to see a Mercedes!!!

I've got to say that I have seen the Mercedes! My friend has just been given hers! I must say it's very tempting! I've met a few people doing it through said friend if mine(when she's taken me to an opp meeting). I've never found anyone to be pushy or cult like! Wether you agree with the business or not some people are doing very well with it! Like with everything it is for some people and not for others. As beauty professionals we are bound to be sceptical! They are not the only network marketing company out there and for those who choose to do it good luck to them!
OP, good luck making your decision, do what's right for you right now. X

I have to add to in fairness, that 3 of the ladies in my area have the Mercedes to. It definitely works for some people, I just personally think to be successful you have to have a certain type of personality which I didn't have.
Also thought if add, they don't actually give you a Mercedes, they give you £400 a month to finance a Mercedes but you have to keep at the 'RVP' level, if your numbers drop below what maintains you at the car level you don't get the £400 bonus for the car, therefor it comes out your own pocket or Mercedes come chasing after you ;) (they do give you 2 months ((I think)) grace to get your numbers back up) this put me off majorly an factored towards one of the reasons I stopped doing it.
You can make the same- if not more commission on professional products that clients can only buy through you than with Arbonne in my opinion. Xxxxx

i keep getting someone messaging me on Facebook (almost every time i log in) about this brand they keep trying to get me to go to one of them presentation evenings x

There are currently over 500 Arbonne items for sale on eBay. Why anyone would stock a range which their clients can buy online is beyond me.

To be fair you can get any product off eBay. No matter what product we all use in our salons I bet you can buy it cheaper online, eBay or other website. I don't think arbonne actually supply eBay!

Here's a challenge for you. If you can find Swissdermyl on eBay or Amazon I will donate £100 to a charity of your choosing.

We, and others, like Eve Taylor work VERY hard to ensure that our brands stay where they they belong: in an authorised salon.
It is in our Ts and Cs that our salons must not sell it online anywhere. If we find that they are we terminate their contract immediately.

I get that, I really do! I've worked for decleor in the past and a big problem out clients were finding was that they were online cheaper and I know it happens with other brands not just skincare! Just thought i would state that it's not just arbonne that you will find on the likes if eBay. But anyway back to the original post, I hope you choose the right thing for you and good luck either way. 😀

HERE HERE Lynne! I couldnt agree more.

Why any skin professional would take on a skincare brand that is sold on the internet or TK Maxx! Is beyond me.

In fact after selling my business and starting a new salon in a different location I deliberately sourced a skincare brand that was not available anywhere other than from a professional outlet.

Latest posts

Back