Are all cuticle oils the same or are there differences?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amandarin

Reaction score
Are there different calibres of cuticle oils? Are there more hydrating cuticle oils than others?

How often should I apply it after curing my nails with gel polish?

Typically, oils don’t hydrate, but rather help to keep moisture in the skin or nail plate. Interesting that cuticle oils applied over enhancements keep them more flexible and strong, too. Use it daily.

SolarOil by CND is my favorite. Only four ingredients, plus a little extra fragrance. Now comes in a pen. I give away the cute .25 oz. to new clients or those traveling.

CND oil is the best you can get hands down.

The reason being, is that the ingredients used in Solar oil penetrates into the nails and skin better than other oils to keep the nails elastic and skin soft.

Other oil molecules are simply too big to penetrate and sit on top of the nails. Even Solar oil will take some time to penetrate into the nail.

Thank you! I'll definitely take a look at solar oil.

I read so many articles online and even by some beauty gurus who say to apply cuticle oil to prep the skin and nail, then remove it with alcohol, and after then you should apply gel polish. Is this true? I always thought it made more sense to apply cuticle oil as after care.

For those that don't want to use a nut oil (like almond oil in Solar Oil), Dadi' Oil from Famous Names, which also makes IBX, is a great oil. It uses avocado and EVOO along with vitamin E and jojoba oil. It is a penetrating oil like Solar Oil and it has a lovely scent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back