Are clear tips easier to blend than natural?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi,ive just been looking at some of the georgous nail art work in the gallery,and noticed some geeks use clear tips,ive never used clear tips before,so now my brains ticking over and wondering if clear tips are easier to blend in as i hate blending natural tips,also if you do use them which ones are the best? :hug: a

Personally I dont mind blending too much. I dont have a problem with it, although it can sometimes be time consuming! There are some great tips out on the market. What ones are you currently using? I use creative velocity tips which are a dream to blend. For clear tips i use the velocity clear tips. x

Im just using some tips which i purchased from Tips and Talons,maybe when i run out i will buy some of the creative ones,ive read on here before there very good,i find blending tips time consuming too,but then i dont do many a sets of tips as i use Bio,and apparantly its not very strong for tips.

Anybody else have any other opnions pretty please?

Its been said before by others that it really makes no difference between clear or natural.. you still need to blend as much as the less tip the tronger the product!
Clear tips can be pretty unforgiving if your not careful.. I found that any imperfections or a mediocre buff job shows up and almost intensivies.. so i wouldnt say its easier.. just another option!:green:

If you are forced to blend a tip (such as when you do a nail biter or perhaps a problem nail et) then it is best to buy the best quality and easiest tips to blend which in my opinion are the Velocity tips form CND.

BUT ... there so many instances where the client has a free edge. In this case, even if the client has the tiniest of free edges, you can use a well-less tip and do no blending at all!! Using a well-less tip is the closest thing to a sculpted nail you will get if you do not sculpt yourself.

You can pruchase a box of well-less tips (CND Performance Tips) OR you can cut the wells out of the current tips you are using. YOu will have to blend and thin these, whereas they are pre blended and thined for you with the Performance tips.

I expect this is a majorly stupid question but I have never used well less tips before.

How would these be applied?

At the end of the free edge to give a seamless finish?

Or on top of the free edge?

Sorry to sound so dense:cry:

I expect this is a majorly stupid question but I have never used well less tips before.

How would these be applied?

At the end of the free edge to give a seamless finish?

Or on top of the free edge?

Sorry to sound so dense:cry:

How would you know if you haven't seen them or been taught ... You do Not sound dense.

You generally apply them on the top of the free edge. And Yes .. before you ask .. it means that the free edge is sitting underneath the tip and not enclosed and protected by a well.

There is nothing to stop you applying them edge to edge if you can make a good job of it ... it is quite tricky to do but in many cases, it can be done.

Fantastic and thanks for making me feel better:hug:

Great news can't wait to order some, cos I love my Velocity.

I DON'T USE CLEAR TIPS MUCH .......but in answer to your question, YES, i do think they are easier to blend

I found that for clear tips, if using the right brand, and if applied properly; then there is no need to blend.
There's no seam. They're clear.....
BUT I have lightly etched them.

However, when I do use tips (most rarely these days), I prefer well-less Asian tips that "blend like butter". Ultra thin, you can actually over-blend them right off the nail if you're overzealous and not paying attention.
I love that they are well-less. You put them where YOU want them. There's no trimming of the well and all that nonsense, wasting time. No pre-blending either.

And, because they are so thin, they are ultra flexible and great for clients with flat nails. They don't try to 'pop up' like some stiffer/thicker tips do.

Nailiteinc.com has them, as does Sensual world (their uk distributor).
I'm sure other places do as well.

hth's

I found that for clear tips, if using the right brand, and if applied properly; then there is no need to blend.
There's no seam. They're clear.....
BUT I have lightly etched them.

However, when I do use tips (most rarely these days), I prefer well-less Asian tips that "blend like butter". Ultra thin, you can actually over-blend them right off the nail if you're overzealous and not paying attention.
I love that they are well-less. You put them where YOU want them. There's no trimming of the well and all that nonsense, wasting time. No pre-blending either.

And, because they are so thin, they are ultra flexible and great for clients with flat nails. They don't try to 'pop up' like some stiffer/thicker tips do.

Nailiteinc.com has them, as does Sensual world (their uk distributor).
I'm sure other places do as well.

hth's

I always put my tips on where I want them regardless if they are well-less or not!!

And it has to be said, that well-less tips are not for every client. There are times when a technician NEEDS full well tips.

If I have to cut the wells out of tips, I would say that it probably adds about 30 seconds to my overall time!! Not an issue really. To be perfectly honest, I also trim the well.-less tips to make a prettier smile line rather than that 'extreme' look which suits only about 10% of womens nails.

There is no such thing as non-customisation of tips whatever kind they are. There aree too many different kinds of women out there to think that one thing suits all.

I have found every clear tip I have used extremely brittle and crack vertically through the middle. Which was such a shame cos they look great. Velocity natural tips for me.

Latest posts

Back