Are clip in extensions any good? and which make the best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there im trying to grow my hair after the posh bob and its taking far too long. Im thinking of buying some clip in extensions as see better for my hair, any good? and which ones are the best? How do i match my blonde highlights as the ones iv seen seem to be golden yellowy blondes, my hair is a whiter blonde with chocolate highlights, will they look odd?:eek:

I love my clip in extensions, I bought them becasue I want to grow my hair.
If yuo are near Camden Town I suggest you go and have a look there are there are some good prices.
I got mine there in a shop (it has a hairdressers at the back) and they were fantastic. They took 2 hours straightening my hair, choosing the right colours,showing me how to use them and razoring the length and didnt charge me anything (I gave money anyway).
There wasnt a perfect match to my hair colour so I dyed mine to match.
hth

Hi ya

Sorry wheres camden town? I live in north wales uk hun. What make of extensions did you have? and presume if they are real hair i could ask my hairdresser to highlight them like my own hair to match the colour? can u see the clips as my hair not the thickest?:irked:

Hi,
I'm looking for the clip in extensions too, have looked on the web but also like you I need to go somewhere to choose the right colour for my hair!!!!!

If I find anywhere I will let you know, but I am in the Midlands; too far for you anyway.

Good luck with the hunting!

:)

hi there,if you do a search on here you find loads of threads about clip in hair extensions.i bought mine from my local sallys.there called american dream i think.try this link WWW.HAIR-HEAVEN.COM im sure you'll find this useful.there was a thread recently on here to wich i posted some great info about them so i would definatly do a search.:)

biggin up my own company...oh well...your local Sallys should stock a wide range of clip in hair extensions...and then you can see the hair in the flesh and match it up to the right colour *high five* !! :)

HI ya

Thanks for that:), Il go and have a look so want long hair for christmas and the new year!:hug:

Its much cheaper to make your own as you can then decide what measurements you want the wefts cut to. If you buy them in packets they are normally either too big or too short and there are normally a couple of one inch wefts which are totally useless.

Make your own and you will save yourself a lot of money and you will be more satisfied.

If you want details of the best brands of hair around pm me and I will inform you where to go.

Hi there

I have been to sallys and looked at the american real hair clip in extensions and i couldnt find a nice blonde colour they only had a ginger blonde, which is no way like mine:irked: I have bleach highlights which are a creamy blonde with chocolate highlights too so i dont know what to do!

:rolleyes:

Hi there

I have been to sallys and looked at the american real hair clip in extensions and i couldnt find a nice blonde colour they only had a ginger blonde, which is no way like mine:irked: I have bleach highlights which are a creamy blonde with chocolate highlights too so i dont know what to do!

You can always dye the extension hair! Its easier than doing your own and you can separate the weft up and dye it in different shades to look like highlights/low lights (weave out sections from the top with a cuticle stick) -- I've done this before and it works a treat - looks a lot more natural that way!

Dont forget that all extensions need razor cutting or you will get that awful 'line' look!

Good luck !

I used to wear clip in extensions all the time and the best I found was by a company called laross LAROSS I think they cost about £165 and they come in varying lengths so as to look realistic when you've clipped them in.
You can buy a colour swatch of hair shades from them so you can see the colours and mix them up to match your own hair.
I have bought cheaper and was really unhappy with them, these blended really well, and the clips stayed attached to the hair unike the cheaper ones!.
I now wear stay in extensions as some times the clip in extensions were just a bit too much hassle to clip in x.

Hi there

sallys dont actually stock all the colours they sell so if you ask they should be able to match them up to your hair.thats what i did,my hair is also bleach highlights.they actually sell about 80 different shades.i love mine and im glad i bought them.i would by more if i ever needed to.

I, im a hair extension technician and if you want a good hair, you can keep a ''remi hair'', it's a wondrful hair and you can keep it very long time. I use it since 2 years and never receive bad feedback whit it! You can buy it on EBAY.com store and look for Remi. The store Sundanceimport are a real remy hair and not very expensive.

Good lock

hi there thanks for that. how do you wash and condition real hair clip ins can i use my normal shampoo etc and normal products such as heat protection spray before curling them? can i get my hairdresser to use bleach highlights on them to match my hair when i have my colour etc?
cheers
nenee:)

hi there thanks for that. how do you wash and condition real hair clip ins can i use my normal shampoo etc and normal products such as heat protection spray before curling them? can i get my hairdresser to use bleach highlights on them to match my hair when i have my colour etc?
cheers
nenee:)
i wash mine just using a delicate shampoo that they told me to use when i bought them from sallys.its by revlon and its for fine or weak hair its called equave shampoo.i then use my normal styling products to to curl/straighten them etc.. i havent needed to colour mine as of yet but ive been told that you can.hths

Hi there,

I love my Gloss hair extensions from Vani-T.

UK supplier listed @- Vani-T - Voted best natural spray tan in Australia. 99% natural ingredients, 100% perfect spray tan. Spa quality formula.
100% human hair - 8 colour choices - 5 pieces per pack.
Colour - Cut & style & care for them as you would for your own hair.
I can't see them on the UK site, I'm sure they have them though.
You can view them on Vani-T - Liquid Sun Spray Tanning, Bodywear, Cosmetics, Hair Extensions, Tooth Whitening, Accessories

These are fairly new to us in Australia -
I am very impressed after the demo & they are really easy to get in & out
BUT you do need to have them put in professionally, there is training supplied with purchase here in Australia
Rapunzel Professional-
Rapunzel Professional

So much to choose from.....

HtH

XX J XX

I ve had some from Hot hair, they are synthetic but look real and easy to look after, you just swish in a sink of mild shampoo to wash and do the same to rinse, then drip dry. :)

I ve had some from Hot hair, they are synthetic but look real and easy to look after, you just swish in a sink of mild shampoo to wash and do the same to rinse, then drip dry. :)
You can get real hair too!!:)

Hi ya
thanks for that, do I condition them with my usual conditioner as I use curling tongs etc?

cheers:)

Latest posts

Back