Are cluster lashes for short term wear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
I've just remover some shocking gel nails from someone who went to another mobile therapist & she has also had her lashes done. I'm not a lash tech but these looked like cluster lashes with a small bulb at the base of the lashes & she was told they will be in for at least 4 weeks. They are also really wonky on the inside corner. Are cluster lashes just for a few days wear or will they damage her lashes if they are on for 4 weeks?

hiya cluster lashes should only be on for few days due to the heaviness of them i wouldnt imagine they would stay on for 4 weeks xx

Thankyou would it cause damage if they have been put on with glue that's ment for individual lashes?

Thankyou would it cause damage if they have been put on with glue that's ment for individual lashes?

Absolutely! But it doesn't stop therapists doing it!

Thankyou I have let her know to go back within the week to get them removed as they could cause damage & given her the contact details of who does my flirties lashes. Hopefully she take the advice x

ive been to salons myself where they tell clients they last 4weeks...BS** exuse my french.lol but it really annoys me as most people know they dont last 4weeks unless you do absolutley nothing all day and sleep upright all night then yea there may be a chance.i never tell clients they last 4weeks as i feel id be lying to them instead i say there temporary and most suited for occasions this way i feel im being honest....this is regarding the bulb lashes.

I bought glue the other day from beauty express. I was black individual lash glue and it was only £5 or something. I was under the impression that this could be used for the cluster lashes, but they would still only stay in a few days. Is this right? It's def not lash extension glue cos we do lash extensions and our flirties glue is a lot more expensive than that!! So did I buy the right thing?

We offer party lashes that are cluster lashes. We sell them the same as we do weekend nails. Designed for short term wear to make you feel a little special on a night out etc.

However I had a lady in the other day that wanted them done on a more perm basis. I told her we don't offer individual extensions at the moment. She said "Oh well why don't you use that glue that they use with the semi perm lashes. It works well with clusters, my cousin is a therapist and she uses it" I just explained the damae it would cause and left it at that.

I don't get annoyed with careless therapists anymore but clients who think they know best as a result of contact with such a therapist still makes my blood boil some ;) x

I bought glue the other day from beauty express. I was black individual lash glue and it was only £5 or something. I was under the impression that this could be used for the cluster lashes, but they would still only stay in a few days. Is this right? It's def not lash extension glue cos we do lash extensions and our flirties glue is a lot more expensive than that!! So did I buy the right thing?

Yes you've bought the right one.

It's confusing as it's labelled individual lash glue but it definitely isn't the same glue used for individual semi permanent lashes.

It will last a few days, some clients get longer but it is only intented for short term use.

Hi!!

I just recently started offering Clusters. I was confused about them as I didnt see a point in doing them as some say they last a weekend.
When I had them done in a salon the woman told me they would last 4 weeks... They lasted 1 & a half.
Anyway I decided to start offering cluster lashes as a treatment. When purchasing the glue and the lashes it states on the website they CAN last up to 4 weeks. I dont see why they would state that if its bad for you to have them on longer then a few days?
I have done 3 clients, one lasted about 4 days, one lasted 3 weeks and the other lasted one week.
When people ask me I do say they can last up until 3 weeks as one of my clients had them on for that long however it all depends on your lifestyle/ how you sleep/ how much make up you wear etc. I also advise my clients that they should not rip them or pull them out and either use an oily make up remover or come to me!

X

Hi!!

I just recently started offering Clusters. I was confused about them as I didnt see a point in doing them as some say they last a weekend.
When I had them done in a salon the woman told me they would last 4 weeks... They lasted 1 & a half.
Anyway I decided to start offering cluster lashes as a treatment. When purchasing the glue and the lashes it states on the website they CAN last up to 4 weeks. I dont see why they would state that if its bad for you to have them on longer then a few days?
I have done 3 clients, one lasted about 4 days, one lasted 3 weeks and the other lasted one week.
When people ask me I do say they can last up until 3 weeks as one of my clients had them on for that long however it all depends on your lifestyle/ how you sleep/ how much make up you wear etc. I also advise my clients that they should not rip them or pull them out and either use an oily make up remover or come to me!

X
Hey which glue do you use for the clusters?xx

Aw good iv just ordered some of that lol thanks huni xx

Sent from my X10i

Hi Hun,

I use Ardell Lashtite Individual Eyelash Adhesive xx

I am new to lashes but I didn't think you could use this with clusters as this is a semi perm glue not temp - hence why they are lasting much longer than recommended.

Please correct me if I am wrong?

I am new to lashes but I didn't think you could use this with clusters as this is a semi perm glue not temp - hence why they are lasting much longer than recommended.

Please correct me if I am wrong?[/QUOTE

No its just for use with individual lashes or cluster lashes whichever people prefer to call them :)

I think its probably the best of all the best of all the cluster lash glues that ive tried xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I have recently started to rent a beauty room in a hairdressers where they used to do beauty. We were talking about the cluster eyelash extensions today and they suggested that I use my semi permanent glue for the clusters instead of the correct glue that is designed to last a couple of days as this is what they used to do when they used to offer beauty treatments a couple of years ago. What would you suggest in the situation?

If you explained to clinets the implications of having the stronger glue would you go ahead with the treatment or would you say a flat out no?

Please correct me if I am wrong?

I dont think it is for semi permanent eyelashes, I dont even think Ardell do semi permanent stuff. It first came along with the cluster lashes I ordered. I doubt they send a semi permanent glue with clusters?
And if it is a semi perm glue then bad times as some clients clusters fall out after 2 weeks! x

I have recently started to rent a beauty room in a hairdressers where they used to do beauty. We were talking about the cluster eyelash extensions today and they suggested that I use my semi permanent glue for the clusters instead of the correct glue that is designed to last a couple of days as this is what they used to do when they used to offer beauty treatments a couple of years ago. What would you suggest in the situation?

If you explained to clinets the implications of having the stronger glue would you go ahead with the treatment or would you say a flat out no?

Hey!
Personally I wouldnt use a semi perm glue with clusters. Its just not right and isnt good practice. I know alot of people do do this but I just wouldnt. Its up to you but I duno if insurance would cover it knowing youve used the wrong glue? Id say find a glue that lasts longer and advice your clients to treat the lashes like babies :) xx

Thanks Janie, I will look into getting some :) x

I dont think it is for semi permanent eyelashes, I dont even think Ardell do semi permanent stuff. It first came along with the cluster lashes I ordered. I doubt they send a semi permanent glue with clusters?
And if it is a semi perm glue then bad times as some clients clusters fall out after 2 weeks! x

Hi, I trained to do clusters on my make-up course but have only just decidedvto try them over strips- what I usually get asked for.
I bought some Salon System adhesive and remover to try first on me. I am not sensitive to anything but OMG my eyes began to sting and water from the vapour- no adhesive went in my eye. I removed lashes with remover- again now irritated eyes went red and sore.
Now too nervous to use on clients even with a patch test- is this normal?

Is Ardell ok on most people please ? X

Latest posts

Back