are couches lighter now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hello, this a simple question that i'm sure will be answered with a yes or no... basically i bought my beauty couch 6 years ago.. i've gone mobile and i'm finding that the couch is really heavy ( and i'm not no weakling!) esspecially going up stairs. Are the couches now adays alot lighter? i have no idea what 10kgs weighs.. think thats how heavy they are now. Thanks xxx

Hi Linzie,

I'm a new mobile therapist and decided to invest in a couch recently. Shopped around to find a decent one that was as lightweight as possible and unfortunately it still weighs 14kg and feels extremely heavy when carrying it up five flights of stairs to a client! Although it is very sturdy and has adjustable legs and back so does the job perfectly and all my clients think its fab, its just me that gets the hernia not them. If you're looking for a good one mine's on the economed website but got it cheaper from their sister shop on ebay, bargain shopper, it even arrived with the economed signage on the box.

My couch is about 13 yrs old and its soooo heavy. I paid about £200 for it then, and it really has stood the test of time. But I hate getting it out of the car and avoid using it if possible.

hhmmmm looks like i'll have to invest in a proper carry case for it... seen a lush one for £50! even has a space for couch roll.

bought my wooden legged couch last year its about 14kg very heavy not possible to be mobile with it.

I only bought my couch this year (I'm mobile) and it is very heavy but it came with a carry bag that has wheels on bottom and a large handle so I hardly have to lift it as I wheel it along floor.
Got it from Beauty express.

I bought a new case for mine with wheels and cos I am keep taking it out of the car and into peoples houses the wheels eventually came off, so I would look for really sturdy wheels.

Mine is 10.5kg and i can carry that on my shoulder (in its case of course) im not strong at all & can set it up on my own no probs. Would definetly reccommend it, you can buy it from beauty express.

The lightest i have come across was about 8 - 9kg and that was from the massage table store.

I've got the REM lightweight couch, it weight 12kg and its fab for mobile, very sturdy. Im glad i didnt buy a heavier one.

Latest posts

Back