Are Creative really against MMA's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jo sims

Reaction score
I have been a nail technician for about 18 months and i have recently moved to the Loughton area of Essex. I am considering becoming Creative trained but am a little unsure of what they are trying to achive. There is a salon in Loughton called the Creative Nail Spa and i understand from locals that it is/was owned by a Creative trainer. The reason that i put is/was is because the same person that told me about who owned (?) the place had just sold it to some chinese people who plan to open there own nail salon. As we all know it is the chinese that use MMA's. It is impossible to compete with there prices if you are using good quality products, So as i said what are Creative as a company trying to achive, if there own trainers will aid these people to go into business then why dont we just follow the lead of this particular Creative representive and go out and buy MMA's and compete with the chinese salons. Up until i heard this i was considering training with Creative but now i am not so sure. If anyone can help shed some light on what Creative is like, especialy in the Essex area, can you let me know. I must also enphisize that this is only what i have been told and may not be fact but i would still like to know what you all think

jo sims said:
I have been a nail technician for about 18 months and i have recently moved to the Loughton area of Essex. I am considering becoming Creative trained but am a little unsure of what they are trying to achive. There is a salon in Loughton called the Creative Nail Spa and i understand from locals that it is/was owned by a Creative trainer. The reason that i put is/was is because the same person that told me about who owned (?) the place had just sold it to some chinese people who plan to open there own nail salon. As we all know it is the chinese that use MMA's. It is impossible to compete with there prices if you are using good quality products, So as i said what are Creative as a company trying to achive, if there own trainers will aid these people to go into business then why dont we just follow the lead of this particular Creative representive and go out and buy MMA's and compete with the chinese salons. Up until i heard this i was considering training with Creative but now i am not so sure. If anyone can help shed some light on what Creative is like, especialy in the Essex area, can you let me know. I must also enphisize that this is only what i have been told and may not be fact but i would still like to know what you all think

If you want to have pride in your work, strive to be in the forefront of this industry, want clients to love your work and tell everyone who does their nails with pride, understand that there is always a market for a quality service and have confidence that you can provide it then you really should train with creative.

If you are just wanting to make money at any cost including damaging peoples hands and the reputation of the nail industry as a whole then you should go get some MMA.

Designer nails will no doubt persue anyone who "uses the Creative name in vain". This is what trademark protection is all about. If you do a search on business names registration, you should find a post by Geeg about a previous case where the business name had been used and I seem to recall Geeg won her case.

I have never met a qualified nail technician who would touch MMA with a barge pole - on this basis I would doubt that what you have been told is entirely true. I do hope it isn't true.

i think you miss understand me. what i have been told is that a creative trainer may well have sold her own salon to chinese prople and in my oppinion gone against everything that Creative preach. however thanks for your advice

ella said:
If you want to have pride in your work, strive to be in the forefront of this industry, want clients to love your work and tell everyone who does their nails with pride, understand that there is always a market for a quality service and have confidence that you can provide it then you really should train with creative.

If you are just wanting to make money at any cost including damaging peoples hands and the reputation of the nail industry as a whole then you should go get some MMA.

Designer nails will no doubt persue anyone who "uses the Creative name in vain". This is what trademark protection is all about. If you do a search on business names registration, you should find a post by Geeg about a previous case where the business name had been used and I seem to recall Geeg won her case.

I have never met a qualified nail technician who would touch MMA with a barge pole - on this basis I would doubt that what you have been told is entirely true. I do hope it isn't true.

jo sims said:
As we all know it is the chinese that use MMA's.
I don't think you should be saying that all chinese use MMA

Your post is based on hearsay if you read some of the posts on this board you would know that Creative are (in my opinion and alot of others) the best in the industry.

So as i said what are Creative as a company trying to achive, if there own trainers will aid these people to go into business then why dont we just follow the lead of this particular Creative representive and go out and buy MMA's and compete with the chinese salons.

That you are even thinking this makes me wonder who you trained with in the first place as i don't know of any CREATIVE nail tech that would.

firstly i did not say all chinese use MMA's. i Take it that you also think that the chances of a creative trainer selling her salon to chinese is highly unlikely. that is why i ask these questions as i am new to england and am looking help from people who know the industry in this country
crazy'n'creative said:
I don't think you should be saying that all chinese use MMA

Your post is based on hearsay if you read some of the posts on this board you would know that Creative are (in my opinion and alot of others) the best in the industry.

That you are even thinking this makes me wonder who you trained with in the first place as i don't know of any CREATIVE nail tech that would.

jo sims said:
As we all know it is the chinese that use MMA's.
That statement is both racist and completely untrue. Sadly, many nail techs have lumped Vietnameese in as being the sole users of MMA. This is also very untrue and (in my opinion) a racial slander that will not be tolerated here on this site.

I don't know what your on about, or who you are speaking about. The only rep in the area would be Tracey Leja and she has been one of the most prominent figures in the battle against MMA in this country. If you pass me the details, I will look into any salon that is trying to 'pass themselves off'.
From my point of view, CND's representatives are doing more to combat MMA in this country than any other leading distributor that I can think of (and that says a lot as all pro companies are fighting it).

I dont see how a salon being sold to anyone of any particular ethnic/racial/creed background is considered promoting the use of MMA.

Thanks for your comments.

jo sims said:
I have been a nail technician for about 18 months and i have recently moved to the Loughton area of Essex. I am considering becoming Creative trained but am a little unsure of what they are trying to achive.
Jo, thank you for your post! I represent Creative Nail Design here in the UK!
You say that you are unsure of what we are trying to achieve?? What do you mean by this? As far as this Creative Nail Spa (or whatever it is called) is concerned, it is absolutely nothing to do with us as a company - we are distributors - we do not own salons! There are salons up and down the country that use the word Creative in their name to denote that they are a Creative salon (some do it to get people through the door even though they are not) - if the owner of this said salon decides to sell his/her business - what business is that of ours and what exactly are we expected to do about it? If you sold your OPI salon (talking hypothetically here) to a perspective Creative salon owner - would you seriously expect Lena White on the phone berating you for making the sale??

the place had just sold it to some chinese people who plan to open there own nail salon. As we all know it is the chinese that use MMA's.
Do you know that these people are 'Chinese'??? It is totally incorrect to say that 'as we know it is the Chinese' who use methyl methacrylate - we have PLENTY of customers of 'Asian' persuasion who DO NOT use MMA but are qualified Creative technicians - I am equally sure that there are plenty of Asian clients use use plenty of other nail systems as opposed to MMA!

It is impossible to compete with there prices if you are using good quality products
Not true - your work should speak for itself and if you are worried (as you obviously are) I would consider why you are worried! Maybe you are not happy with your own work and that is what is causing this worry!

if there own trainers will aid these people to go into business then why dont we just follow the lead of this particular Creative representive and go out and buy MMA's and compete with the chinese salons.
How are Creative trainers 'aiding' 'these people' into business - if someone has something to sell and they have a buyer, they make a sale - what that new buyer does with the old business is nothing to do with the seller! Since when is this supposed Creative Representative using MMA???

Up until i heard this i was considering training with Creative but now i am not so sure. If anyone can help shed some light on what Creative is like, especialy in the Essex area, can you let me know. I must also enphisize that this is only what i have been told and may not be fact but i would still like to know what you all think
I appreciate that you are airing what you have been told - don't forget that you are airing supposition to nearly 1500 users with no evidence. Tracy Leja who runs the Creative Nail Academy in Essex and twice Ambassador of the Year for us, has campaigned tirelessly AGAINST the use of MMA - so much so that she has had meetings with positive outcomes with 6 different Essex council boroughs. If you really want to know what Creative is like, phone them and speak to them - better still phone Tracey and speak to her.
Yes I have been particularly 'pointed' about this post but I don't think anyone likes an accusatory tone from the beginning when a simple phone call to the correct people could have put your mind at rest instantly!!! Our intentions have ALWAYS been to partner and help ANY nail technician to succeed in this exciting industry. I hope this happens for you!

By Jo Sims:
Up until i heard this i was considering training with Creative but now i am not so sure. If anyone can help shed some light on what Creative is like, especialy in the Essex area, can you let me know. I must also enphisize that this is only what i have been told and may not be fact but i would still like to know what you all think
For Essex :
Tracy Leija is one of the top Ambassadors for Creative Nail Design..........
She takes the fight against MMA very serious...........
So much that she has been taking this issue up with the local councils and relevant authorities.............
If you want more information call Tracy at the OSNS in Loughton TEl:0208 787 7036

You want to know what creative is like????
Well
As a Company they take their responsibilities towards their creative educated Technicians very seriously..........
Once you have trained with creative, you have back up for life..........
They strife for high product quality, develope their own products in their own Labatory's...........
They have won the Education award for 2003........for best Industry Nail Education...........
They have on going education programs so each Technician can develope their skills to the highest level....next step classes, trouble shooting 1-2-1 classes, Master classes leading to the Master Technician Certificate...........
Not convinced yet??? Well give the Education Section a call and see what they can do for you.........Leeds 0113275 0433.......
I for one cant fault them in any way ..........but then thats just my humble oppinion...............

AND SO SAY ALL OF US

I personally find your comments to be very racist. I know quite a few asian, chinese ect nail techs and they wouldnt dream of using mma. In fact they are very talented and dedicated nail techs. May be you should word your posts differently in future as i feel you have caused great offence.

OK passionate nail teks - I have had several apologetic PM's from Jo and she realises that her posts were made in - let's say - a rather hap hazard and un-thoughtout manner and she is sorry to have caused offence with her remarks. We are all allowed a mistake or two :rolleyes: and she realises hers; let's look forward to her future and I am sure, more postive and understanding posts. Welcome Jo to the board and we all look forward to hearing more from you. :) ;)

No offence taken....Welcome Jo................looking forward to hearing from you xxxxxxxxxx

Ya... I think enough said on this subject. It seems to be an unfortunate floundering in the ol edict department.

Jo emailed me and apologised profusely, I think we best just lock this happy baby and watch it fall to the bottom of the pile ;)

Lets all let this be water under the geek and move on. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back