Are facials popular if you're mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanley

Reaction score
hya, i was wondering if any one can give me sum advise. im just setting up my mobile business doin manicures, nail extensions, eye treatments, make up, and facials ect. the problem is that ive been advised that facials arent very popular among mobile therapists, is this true?:confused: i would luv to hear from any mobile therapists, and sum advise on anything related wud be great, to help me. thankyou so much xx:)

Hi,
Ive done mobile off and on for a few years. I always found facials quite popular especially when doing pamper parties. As long as you have a good product range and can give them something other than just a cleanse tone and moisturise then people seem to lap it up. I always offered a "luxury facial" which included a face/neck and head massage along with the usual mask and exfoliation.
Hope this helps :D

Hi,
Ive done mobile off and on for a few years. I always found facials quite popular especially when doing pamper parties. As long as you have a good product range and can give them something other than just a cleanse tone and moisturise then people seem to lap it up. I always offered a "luxury facial" which included a face/neck and head massage along with the usual mask and exfoliation.
Hope this helps :D

oh thanks for the advice, could i ask what product range u use, theres so many thx :)

im mobile and just stared to use jean marin from sallys great range and price (very important ) and since then im busyier than ever:eek:

hi

im mobile and i use the solutions facial range. every facial ive done the client comments on how nice it smells and their skin glows afterwards.

facials are not as popular as waxing but when the client decides to treat themselves or a family member its facials that they go for.

tina:)

Hi there,
Im a mobile and I would say that Facials arent my most popular treatment. I do find in pamper evenings express facials are quite popular but when it comes to a luxury facial I dont find they are so much.

It is hard being a mobile as the top skincare companies eg Clarins, decleor wouldnt touch us with a barge pole! unless you have something stupid like £30,000 as a start up cost!!! I agree you need to have a product range that you believe in also. I use Priadara products and really like them. But I do find it hard to sell a Facials when I am not using top top products (any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!) I feel that a lot of people look for top product ranges when looking for facials.....

I do think it is something that you need to offer to your customers though as if you can get regulars for facials then really worth it and for pamper evenings/days its good to have a range of smaller treatments to offer.

Good luck :)

Julia

thankyou for all your comments its helped me loads:)

I use Mila D'Opiz products check them out! they are 'High End' but you dont have to commit to a huge account as they are for the individual Therapist. David (the contact for Mila UK) is always on hand to advise and Tracey Marson the Educator is great. The products themselves are GORGEOUS and a plus side is they will supply the samples for your clients to try new products FOR FREE!! with your orders, just state what you want. They really do what they say on the tin (or pot! lol)

I find facials are very popular but I have come out of using mainline products as I focus very much now on Ayurvedic/organic/holistic. This seems to be very popular in my neck of the woods. My ayurvedic products are from Ayurvedapura and I use a mix of organic products from Kobashi or Naturally Thinking as I can at least claim the products are certified organic/no animal cruelty etc. The good thing about this as well is that you use less product and more hands-on face massage and Rose Quartz rollers which saves you buying in lots of stuff and it's also easier to take around with you.:)

I know this not everyone's choice but I made the move to go totally holistic recently and I haven't looked back.

I find facials are very popular but I have come out of using mainline products as I focus very much now on Ayurvedic/organic/holistic. This seems to be very popular in my neck of the woods. My ayurvedic products are from Ayurvedapura and I use a mix of organic products from Kobashi or Naturally Thinking as I can at least claim the products are certified organic/no animal cruelty etc. The good thing about this as well is that you use less product and more hands-on face massage and Rose Quartz rollers which saves you buying in lots of stuff and it's also easier to take around with you.:)

I know this not everyone's choice but I made the move to go totally holistic recently and I haven't looked back.

I'm loving your Rose Quartz rollers :) like you I have taken a crueltyfree & natural paraben free product approach, Yin Yang skincare is one of the brands that I use.

www.findingserenity.co.uk

Last edited:
Ive been mobile for 7 months now after working in salons for 10 years. As others have commented, buying in 'high end' skin care is difficult due to ristrictions and cost. I personally do a fair few facials on a weekly basis, including mini facials right through to Diamond dermabrasions.

I looked for a professional range and for me I wanted an aromatherapy base.
I bought in Skintruth and I know people don't like it on here but I have worked with Elemis, Gatineau, Comfort Zone and Phytomer and to be fair to Skintruth I have just as good results.

The fact is it doesn't come in fancy packaging, but it does have nice collagen masks etc. I offer samples in mini pots as a lot of the skincare ranges from Ellisons, Beauty Express etc dont to offer them.

I retail the range well with it having a lower price point and I truely believe what you put into a treatment you get out of it. If you believe in a product so will your clients.

Hope that helps.:)

Latest posts

Back