Are file grit and primer influencing your choice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa82

Reaction score
What is your view on nail systems that require using 100-180 grit files and priming twice before laying down an enhancement? It's obvious that the word here is not to use anything more than a 240 grit in the CND world (I'm sure ther are others too but I'm not familiar with them yet) but there are systems where they use the 100-180. I'm also seeing how some systems require you to prime twice and others don't. Does or did this influence your choice in acrylic or gel system?

I am currently using NSI Attraction, though I have just ordered some CND Retention to try, and I have to say the one thing that's always stuck in my mind regarding CND aside from the rave reviews, is that no primer is required.

It totally influences my choice of product brand.

Low end brands require low end methods like heavy filing of the natural nail plate and heavy use of primer. I work to promote good natural nail health, not to destroy it.

Welcome to a 'cutting-edge' brand like CND where being gentle and kind to the natural nail is our primary goal. No filing and no priming of the plate. All that is needed is gentle ex-foliation of the cuticle from the plate and away you go.

Why work harder when you can work so much smarter, and responsibly for your clients nail health? Service is also quicker and your costs are lower without having to do all these deleterious extra steps and without having to buy extra products that are not needed or wanted.

Who would not want to work with a brand that is both more beautiful, easier and promotes the very thing that all we true professionals should be promoting .. Good natural nail health.

That's what's really making me think right now. I see other products like Nailite and YN that people say are just as good and cheaper but then I see the prep that goes in to it. I don't really know what is going to happen after I get out of nail school, whether I'll be buying my own product or using what my employer provides me. I'm practicing right now with Nailite because it's in my budget at the time and the school won't provide traditional acrylic because we use odorless on clients and state board. But do I want to use CND or another brand? Hmm...

I'm going to bump this thread back up and say now since attending the CND Brisa Lite course, my question I can answer myself. Yes, it is a decision factor for me! I just passed my state board (just found out today, did the practical test yesterday) and my license is on the way. CND Brisa Lite, here I come!

Well done, Melissa, and congratulations! Welcome to the wonderful world of CND! X

Yiipppeeee! Good for you! I'm so happy for you. You have really grown here on SG. You seem to think things through to a logical conclusion . Because you have done your research you are so far ahead. You know your BRAND! Right off you are gong to invest your TIME and MONEY wisely. No wasting money or time on this brand and that. No dusty bottles of product you don't use. You know I'm speaking from experience. Lol.

Latest posts

Back