Are gel nails better?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautylicious

Reaction score
Ive heard so many good reports about gel nails, and from doing a bit of research, most of the salons in the area here use Calgel nails, instead of offering acrylic. Im told they dont harm the natural nail at all, whereas its impossible for acrylic not to harm the nail, even when applied by the best technicians. Should I train with gel? Is it better to offer 2 systems to clients?

Look forward to hearing from you all!

jomacswan said:
........ whereas its impossible for acrylic not to harm the nail, even when applied by the best technicians.

Who says!

There should be no damage to the natural nail with whatever system if it is performed correctly.

You might find those technicians who say one system is better than another can only do that system ;)

I dont think any one system is better than another - it depends on which is most suitable for each individual client.

To be a full service technician you need to be able to perform all 3 systems and also do a great manicure.

TOTALLY AGREED NATURAL NAILS.... hmm I wonder why some companies say this :idea: :?: Could it be that they WANT you to buy their own system over any other - so rather than be respecful of their fellow competitors, they use scare tactics :shock: :? to sell their systems!!! Sounds VERY much like it to me!!

BTW - I have been wearing L+P since 1991 and my nails are perfect undernieth - the only time they are not...is if I have picked or done something myself to cause a problem :shock: ;)

one more thing... I personally have seen some horrendously damaged nails that had been done with Calgel :shock: So was it Calgel or the tek :?: :?: :rolleyes: Damage is caused by the nailtek OR the client NOT necessarily the system - although if we get to MMA we open up the other proverbial can of worms!! Hope this has enlightened you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back