Are my qualifications transferable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl Pear

Reaction score
Hello I’m 17 and from England I have done my level 2 makeup diploma and am going onto level 2 beauty therapy diploma I am wanting to move with my boyfriend to the US next year in Ohio will I need to go to school there I have other qualifications such as lashes & high defined brows and am going to get more this upcoming year once I’ve passed my facial unit, will my qualifications be recognised in the US? Does anyone have any tips? I’m just a little confused on what I need to do , any help would be most appreciated thankyou.

The beauty industry is much more heavily regulated in the US and require Cosmetologists and Estheticians to be fully licensed by the State Board within the State they are working in. If you move to another State at some point, you have to look at getting your licence renewed in the new State.

https://cos.ohio.gov/

Is your boyfriend a US citizen? I’m assuming you are aware of the need to apply for the relevant residency and work permits.

Yes he is, and in my beauty therapy course we do over 700 hours would that be okay with the state board .. also would all my qualifications be recognised or will I have to attend school there , thankyou for responding

Latest posts

Back