Are raffles legal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marzie

Reaction score
Hi, hope you are all well during these challenging times. I have seen therapists running raffles, as of course any money coming in is helpful. When I looked into it there’s a gambling commission licence that we should have. Is this legal to do or have I missed something ?

Technically, no, it's not legal.

There are certain ways to get round it. One you can't call it a raffle, two you have to ask a question that 'requires a level of knowledge' and have them answer it and three, they have to have a way to enter for free via post.

I am thinking of doing one as well x

Technically, no, it's not legal.

There are certain ways to get round it. One you can't call it a raffle, two you have to ask a question that 'requires a level of knowledge' and have them answer it and three, they have to have a way to enter for free via post.
Thank you. It seems to be a simple pick a number between 1 and 50 clients are then asked to pay by bank transfer and the numbers drawn by video. I fear these will be taken down but can fully understand why to survive therapists are doing it.

Thank you. It seems to be a simple pick a number between 1 and 50 clients are then asked to pay by bank transfer and the numbers drawn by video. I fear these will be taken down but can fully understand why to survive therapists are doing it.
This stuff happens all the time. chances of it being taken down are quite slim unless someone reports it.

Latest posts

Back