Are salons to close tonight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
Hi folks
I’ve listened to Boris and believe we should be closing......
Can someone please give me a definitive answer - are we on lockdown?

I’ve just seen something on Facebook from the Hair & Beauty Federation saying we are not included
I personally think this is shocking..... we are in such close proximity - breathing the same air....
The mask I have been wearing is no protection against viruses.....

I had to close a week ago unfortunately.. due to close contact with people and I’m at high risk and so is someone I live with .... some of my clients really supportive others are being quite unreasonable but my life and others and the NHS is bigger than money or someone’s roots .... stay safe everyone x

Hi folks

I’ve just seen something on Facebook from the Hair & Beauty Federation saying we are not included
I personally think this is shocking..... we are in such close proximity - breathing the same air....

Social distancing has been enforced by the closure of pubs, clubs, cafes, restaurants, leisure centres and gyms with immediate effect from close of business this evening.

Nothing specific has yet been mentioned concerning hairdressers, barbers, salons etc., so it has to be an independent decision by those individual salon professionals for the time being. This information is being updated daily and constantly changing, as you probably already realise and know.

Those professionals (and clients) with underlying health conditions should obviously however be more aware of the higher risk element.

Hi folks

They were initially not including spas just pubs and restaurants so i’m glad we have been included finally. I don’t see any point avoiding it due to the word not being exactly correct. Spa/salon/home salon/beauty spa..really it’s all the same. Admittedly they are starting with large cesspools of viral transmission so a big spa would be more a risk with a pool and steam and more people than a salon but the risk to our nhs is still there.

Latest posts

Back