Are some clients prone to greenies or is it all my fault?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
I really hate to have to post this thread because I feel absolutely terrible about it.

I have a client who I love but her nails are an absolute nightmare.

They are very bendy and peely and shellac lasted about 3 days not them before peeling constantly at the tip. We tried brisa smoothing gell but to no avail.

Then moved onto brisa sculpting but they literally popped off whole after about 4 days this happened on numerous occasions. I decided perhaps she needed the strength of L and P so we moved onto that. (All CND products etc).

So now for the past three times Ive been there she has quite bad lifting and had a greenie on one finger. Each finger has been a different one.

I feel so awful about it. She has been lovely and hasn't moaned once. All my other clients are doing amazingly well and say that their nails have never been better. I myself have been wearing mine naughtily in the kitchen and they, considering the constant washing up are doing really good. I've had some lifting not a lot and not whole nails but not a greenie in sight.

Her hands are as soft as a babys bottom and very vert warm, sort of sweaty but not iykwim. Its extremely hard to file her as well because her side walls are as soft as babies skin and very deep.

So can people be more prone to greenie than others or do I stop doing her
nails because Im just not doing them right.

cheers guys for any info :sad:

I really hate to have to post this thread because I feel absolutely terrible about it.

I have a client who I love but her nails are an absolute nightmare.

They are very bendy and peely and shellac lasted about 3 days not them before peeling constantly at the tip. We tried brisa smoothing gell but to no avail.

Then moved onto brisa sculpting but they literally popped off whole after about 4 days this happened on numerous occasions. I decided perhaps she needed the strength of L and P so we moved onto that. (All CND products etc).

So now for the past three times Ive been there she has quite bad lifting and had a greenie on one finger. Each finger has been a different one.

I feel so awful about it. She has been lovely and hasn't moaned once. All my other clients are doing amazingly well and say that their nails have never been better. I myself have been wearing mine naughtily in the kitchen and they, considering the constant washing up are doing really good. I've had some lifting not a lot and not whole nails but not a greenie in sight.

Her hands are as soft as a babys bottom and very vert warm, sort of sweaty but not iykwim. Its extremely hard to file her as well because her side walls are as soft as babies skin and very deep.

So can some people be more prone to greenies than others or do I stop doing her
nails because Im just not doing them right.

cheers guys for any info :sad:

Yes they can and it often goes with moist hands and moist hands often have bendy moist nails.

A few clients I've had over the years, who also were very prone to getting green nails, had hands and skin just as you describe and another 2 had MS.

If clients sweat from their hands it is a potential problem. They need to be serviced every 2 weeks without fail, use Nail Fresh and Scrub Fresh and keep your eyes peeled for any sign of lifting .. keep nails "short and sweet" to reduce pressure and conflict between the nail plate and the product.

These clients need special care and attention because they really are not suitable for long-term nail services. Fortunately they are in the minority. I always make a note on the CRC of the client's skin type (dry, moist or normal) and I can tell immediately if they are going to be "one of those ones"!!

I explain to the client the problems I think she is going to face BEFORE I do the nails for her and then it is their choice if they want to proceed, whilst understanding what they have to do to avoid problems such as 'green nail'.

Yes they can and it often goes with moist hands and moist hands often have bendy moist nails.

A few clients I've had over the years, who also were very prone to getting green nails, had hands and skin just as you describe and another 2 had MS.

If clients sweat from their hands it is a potential problem. They need to be serviced every 2 weeks without fail, use Nail Fresh and Scrub Fresh and keep your eyes peeled for any sign of lifting .. keep nails "short and sweet" to reduce pressure and conflict between the nail plate and the product.

These clients need special care and attention because they really are not suitable for long-term nail services. Fortunately they are in the minority. I always make a note on the CRC of the client's skin type (dry, moist or normal) and I can tell immediately if they are going to be "one of those ones"!!

Oh Geeg this is why I love you so very very much :Kissing: Honestly Ive just done my custom colour blending with Liza Smith and since that class Ive jumped leaps and bounds and then this happened and I felt back to square one.

OMG you have just made me feel one hundred times better. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Scrub and nail fresh here I come.

You are amazing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi - didn't want to read and run on you ...
Some clients are just not suited to some things, I do tend to find they either suit all or gel or l&p .... But some just can't seem to work with any system.

Is she a picker?
Does she have her hands in water a lot?
Is she wearing gloves ?
Also
Did i read you use cnd ? ... Are u using the retention + liquid (l&p / i think that's the one for clients who are prone to lifting? - (I don't use it but have read about it and I want to change my system) ...
Just ideas for you to think about.

Hope I helped a little ... X

Hi - didn't want to read and run on you ...
Some clients are just not suited to some things, I do tend to find they either suit all or gel or l&p .... But some just can't seem to work with any system.

Is she a picker?
Does she have her hands in water a lot?
Is she wearing gloves ?
Also
Did i read you use cnd ? ... Are u using the retention + liquid (l&p / i think that's the one for clients who are prone to lifting? - (I don't use it but have read about it and I want to change my system) ...
Just ideas for you to think about.

Hope I helped a little ... X

cheers hun and yes I use retention+. I wish I could say she doesn't follow all aftercare but she does, she has a dishwasher etc, Im just so very very glad its not all my fault. thank you xxxxx

Oh Geeg this is why I love you so very very much :Kissing: Honestly Ive just done my custom colour blending with Liza Smith and since that class Ive jumped leaps and bounds and then this happened and I felt back to square one.

OMG you have just made me feel one hundred times better. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Scrub and nail fresh here I come.

You are amazing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hug: Just the kind of question I like to get. :D An intelligent one ... lol

Remember that Nail Fresh and ScrubFresh will help to dry the surface before you adhere the product to the nails, but the moisture level in these nails will come back and build up which is why they need 2 weekly servicing and probably a new set every few months at the most.

Good luck, but I warn you many with nails and skin like your client give up in the end as the constant re-doing and often lifting, causes the nails to become flakey, to delaminate and become thin etc. They may have to take a break from enhancements now and again.

You have also made me feel a million times better! My mum has nails just as you describe and has been prone to greenies on her thumbs. I had all but given up so thanks for giving me hope that it might not just be me! :)

Hi again Geeg

Just to let you know we have decided to give her nails a break, she ended up having three greenies, :sad: horrendous lifting which at first didn't show up but as I filed the nails the acrylic was just crumbling away. I did my usual prep but it was like you just could not dehydrate them properly.

We both ended up in tears, me because I hate to lose her as a client and her because she felt so sorry for me.

Im going to pop back in a month and see how her nails are doing. If you have any other advise on what products I could use I would really appreciate your advice geeg. Thank you so much for your advice so far xxxx

Latest posts

Back