Are there coloured acrylic from CND ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
I found some coloured tips in my trolley the other day & have decided that i am gonna offer coloured tips as an other service. But i have been thinking about when it comes to the backfills. So i need some coloured acrylic to go with my creative liquid, in my opinion it is the best for me when it comes to doing a great set of nails, but i don`t think CND do coloured acrylic do they. If they do, can someone tell me were i can get them from. If they don`t, is there another product just as good as CND.
Laura.x.

Yes, creative does make colored acrylics. I just bought some yesterday. lol. I haven't tried them yet, but I got mine from Ace Beauty Supply. I am in the states so I don't know where you would find them.

My suggestion would be to go to the CND website and see where the nearest distributor of their products is. They are called Mosaic and they come with 6 different colors and a small bottle of the Retention+ liquid. (Atleast that's what I got) So good luck, hope that helps.:)

I have the collection of colored glitter acrylic. I really like it. Have used to on a few of my clients and it wears very well. I have used the Mosiac collection and it is good also. The colors are brilliant and bright. I think you will be happy with them.

You can get the Mosaic collection from Sweet Squared (the UK distributors for CND) 0845 210 60 60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic. I am gonna get looking now. That makes things so much easier if the powder & liquid match.
Thanks peeps,
laura.x.

Fantastic. I am gonna get looking now. That makes things so much easier if the powder & liquid match.
Thanks peeps,
laura.x.

You must not mix your liquids & powders hun. Always use the same brand powder & liquids. It's not a good idea to mix & match, you'll end up with loads of problems.

CND have a fab colour collection with Metro & Mosaic collections.

you might like to take a look at NSI - they do a Technail Kit that comes with 15 colours, liquid, 2 mixing jars and 30 forms for £**.** + vat xx

Last edited by a moderator:
The coolest thing about the CND coloured powder collection is that with just the 6 colours you can mix hundreds of different colours and shades and adding the glitters only gives you more choices. You save literally hundreds of pounds rather than buying tonnes of different colours that are pre-mixed, only to find they sit on your shelves unused. Plus it's fun to mix your own 'custom' colours for people and make them feel like it is a special colour just for them exclusively ... which it is!

why not try adding some clear or pink powder to some coloured glitter, i have some nail graphix which i think is excellent and is supplied by another geek natural nails.....check out the website
Nail Graphix glitter Acrylic

theres also a group youcan join on here where there are some brill photos of other geeks work with it

I`ve had a look & they look great. Can these be applied with creative retention+ liquid ? That would be really helpful if they could be.
Laura.x.

yep, they sure can. i use intense pink (cnd) to mix with the glitters.you could just use pink (cnd) my instructions do say not to use with clear powder..unsure about natural...maybe fiona aka natural nails could set us straight on that? :)

Why should you not use clear? I thought it would be better with the clear. More transparent. They look great.
Laura.x.

According to my instructions they dont look as good (clarity), if all is well for u babes, then go ahead!
Fiona hasn't replied so go for it! Trial and error...on your own nails first...of course.:)
May give it a bash myself,lol, I am a stickler for instructions:lol:

The coolest thing about the CND coloured powder collection is that with just the 6 colours you can mix hundreds of different colours and shades and adding the glitters only gives you more choices. You save literally hundreds of pounds rather than buying tonnes of different colours that are pre-mixed, only to find they sit on your shelves unused. Plus it's fun to mix your own 'custom' colours for people and make them feel like it is a special colour just for them exclusively ... which it is!

Hi Geeg,
Can you please tell me how to mix and store these colours properly. I am just starting nail art and colours..mainly becuase i am sick to death of white tips.
Thanks Mel

Hi Geeg,
Can you please tell me how to mix and store these colours properly. I am just starting nail art and colours..mainly becuase i am sick to death of white tips.
Thanks Mel
If you buy the custom blending kit, you'll get a little booklet with some recipes in it, other then that just play around. Just store them in a small container. I bought mine at a place that supplies packaging to shops, 200 (20ml?) plastic containers for $12. I'll never use them all:lol:

Thanks Bernadette,
Where are you in NSW?.. i am in wollongong....
Thanks for that i will look into that kit. I just get worried that i will stuff things up and waste the $$$$$$$$$$ cash.
Thanks Mel

Thanks Bernadette,
Where are you in NSW?.. i am in wollongong....
Thanks for that i will look into that kit. I just get worried that i will stuff things up and waste the $$$$$$$$$$ cash.
Thanks Mel
I'm on the Mid North Coast. About 1 1/2 hours soth of Coffs Harbour.

The great thing with the custom blending kit is you get the whole range without spending a fortune then you can just buy the bigger sizes as you need to.
It's too expensive to buy them all full size, especially when you don't get to use them that much.

Excellent, Thanks for that... Yeah people are so boring... no one wants to have colour anymore. I love to have it but it just does not last when you are doing everyone elses nails... At least if it is acrylic it will last a little longer.
How many days do you work?... I do 3 days.... I have 3 kids at home too

I will reply on your profile page.

Honey... I don't even know what that is!!!! I am still trying to figure out how to upload these pics... driving me nuts... not getting the tutorials at all

Latest posts

Back