Are there really any LINT FREE wipes out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On behalf of the Salon Geek Moderator Team, thank you :wink2: :lol:

I disagree with the highlighted comments above. If preparation of the nail is carried out correctly then ensuring the sidewalls are perfectly prepped will come naturally and not just have a wipe under the thumb and a quick rub.
The following tutorial might shed some light... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/3007-perfect-preparation.html

Lint free pads/wipes are available (as mentioned in a few previous posts) and used properly do the job perfectly, with no lifting of enhancement products and perfect adhesion of tips etc.
ValencianNails

I did click on your link, and can't find anything that I disagree with in your prep routine.

I would like to take up a couple of points in your routine: (cut & past from your routine)

I use very little ScrubFresh on a lint-free and Fibre-free pad The amount of ScrubFresh you use is far less important than the way you use it. When I do this step, I scrub each nail for at least 5 seconds straight. Yea, yea, I hear you... that equates to a whoppin 50 seconds spent just on this step. Well, I am here to tell you Geeklins, that that extra 30 seconds I spend more than you at this stage saves me a hellova lot more time when the client walks through the door for a Rebalance and no lifting.

It is also important to note that I am scrubbing the entire nail. I focus along the folds as well as the middle of the nail. Why? I can only reply with "Have you not ever seen lifting along the folds? eh? Can't hear you?"
Another point to make is that I dont use some mystical 'Spray and be clean' product. Sure, I could dump ScrubFresh into a spray bottle and not bother to actually scrub the nail... but isn't that akin to simply rinsing off your pots and pans after cooking a really hardy meal? Using a little elbow grease here is gonna pay off big when your client returns.

I quote you; 'I dont use some mystical 'Spray and be clean' product' Whilst I acknowledge all of Creatives products come with a scientific pedigree. It's a cheep shot to label all others as 'Mystical Products!'. European labeling directives mean that all formulations are clearly displayed. I don't have a copy of 'Scrubfresh' data sheet to compare with other formulations, but the only fact the product is in a spray bottle doesn't make it 'Mystical', nor ineffective. What it does do is make it fast and convenient to use and prohibits contamination from a second application on the same wipe. Leaving that aside, my observation in salons and at trade shows, it's rare to see so thorough a prep as the 'whoppin 50 seconds you advise'. (even with Creative girls) A cursory wipe seems to be more the norm. Let me ask this, 'isn't it likely that 50 seconds of rubbing with any type of wipe is bound to dislodge fibre and lint from the wipe, leaving them on the nail plate?'. When you say 'I focus along the folds' I'm with you all all the way, prime lifting areas. But when you go on to talk about 'rinsing off the pots and pans' you have just scrubbed them with your 240 grit Koala Buffer!' I say; 'no need to do it again with a wipe that can drop fibre all over the nail surface, especially as you just scrubbed with it with a Koala for 50 seconds!'.

Preparation is the name of the game, lifting is the enemy for all of us. So whether you spray of wipe, we raised the issue, instead of just posting; 'I use this........'. Tab witha x

Last edited:
The Light Elegance Lint free wipes are awesome. Truely lint free!

Latest posts

Back