Are they the same?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
This might sound like a stupid question. But I've only ever used foil and not experienced anything else. I know EmBee Meche is a brand name. But is that and high lift foam strips the same? X

Pretty much yes.
Mesh generally has a transparent front so you can see the colour change, lift, good brands will have a sticky peel of strip at the top so it holds on the hair then fold the clear piece over

Foam strips are exactly that, strips of very thin foam, comes in 2 lengths, long and short. These are great for slices and placement colour, where the mesh I find easier for full head foils as they don't move.

Both saves so much time than using foils

Embee meche is a great brand. Their meches are completely reusable and can be washed really easily. They are also made by two fellow stylists who work behind the chair like us so the money is going to a good place. Downside is you have to order them from America, but it just means longer delivery.
I would love to get hold of some wider foils, largest I've been able to find are 12 cms, I'm going to order some 15cm wide I've seen on aksonline.
Foam wraps are good because the don't conduct heat like a foil does.

This might sound like a stupid question. But I've only ever used foil and not experienced anything else. I know EmBee Meche is a brand name. But is that and high lift foam strips the same? X
I find them so easy to apply, and I can put three colours on one strip it dosnt move,they process evenly,much easier to remove,my clients love them they feel soft and cosy,so easy to wash even after brifgt fashion colour,I use them for everything :)

Latest posts

Back