Are they using MMA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimberley

Reaction score
Heya, Ive been going to my nail salon for about 1 year I only got into nails about 2 months ago so i didnt pick up on these signs before. The salon i go to is run by chinese people so when i ask them anything they dont understand me, there service is great but recently ive been having second thoughts. They wear face masks, use electric files, dont keep a record of there cilents and all there acrylic powders/liquids are in unlabled bottles. I had my nails infilled about 3 weeks ago before i went to cyprus and when i got home they were all yellow so i had them infilled straight away. When she was doing my nails it really burnt so i posted on here to find out about it.They charge £30 for full set and £18 for infils, i need to know if this salon is using mma, i use to think highly of them because my nails look great when i leave the shop, but now im really confused! This has never happened until now! Please help
Kimberely xx

Kimberley said:
Heya, Ive been going to my nail salon for about 1 year I only got into nails about 2 months ago so i didnt pick up on these signs before. The salon i go to is run by chinese people so when i ask them anything they dont understand me, there service is great but recently ive been having second thoughts. They wear face masks, use electric files, dont keep a record of there cilents and all there acrylic powders/liquids are in unlabled bottles. I had my nails infilled about 3 weeks ago before i went to cyprus and when i got home they were all yellow so i had them infilled straight away. When she was doing my nails it really burnt so i posted on here to find out about it.They charge £30 for full set and £18 for infils, i need to know if this salon is using mma, i use to think highly of them because my nails look great when i leave the shop, but now im really confused! This has never happened until now! Please help
Kimberely xx
Ok first things first, the use of an e-file is not a sign that they use MMA, nor is the wearing of masks............
More likely they wear masks for dust protection..........E-files produce much smaller dust particles that stay airbourne for longer then the handfiled ones!!!
More likely that they dont have a good extraction system !!!!

Not keeping record cards is against the law......... sign of NSS practice!
Unlabled bottles and dispensers...............sign of NSS practice!
Yellow nails...........inferior product.......signs of NSS practice!
Burning nails, sign of nail plate damage due to careless e-file use.....signs off uneducated e-file use..............
Not speaking english..... A sign for you not to go there!!!!!!!How can they undestand your instructions??????
How can they possibly explain anything to you, if they dont speak english?????

The only way to be sure that they use MMA is, have the monomer tested!!!!
But there are signs you can look out for....
Nail plate being mechanicaly prepared to take the L&P.......... Roughed up in basic terms.....
EMA and any quality L&P, needs only a chemical bond and a good chemical prep in order to adhere to the nail..............
When the enhancement is filed, does it smell offensive, like a tom cat has marked it's territory??????
Is the enhnacement unusualy tough ????
EMA gives a less tough finish, it has a natural breaking point, that the enhancement will break and not damage the natural nail underneath ????
Does it take ages to soak off, even with the use of warm acetone ????

So dont panic, just look for a Salon that follows Health and Saftey Regulation, uses client record cards and has a fantastic hygiene policy........
A Salon that ask you about your lifestyle, the look you would like, health and contra-indications and doesn't file the living daylight out of your nails in order for the enhancements to stay on...........A Tech that will chat to you and will also offer you home care advice!!!!!!!!!!

So look for a good Salon that uses quality products and is proud to advertise this.............
And as a plus, it wont cost you much more either.................

So don't panic, your fingers wont fall off...........
Any nail damage done will grow out, as long as the damage stops...........
And it should stop as soon as you go to a Nail friendly Salon............
Not just Fur coat and no knickers lol.........
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back