Are We Client Snobs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree i don't think we choose our clients more they choose us and i also think thats something to be proud of, whether a loyal client or pamper clients that aren't regular but use you when they need a treatment.

I think that this is sometimes the most flattering client, because they could so easily go somewhere else if they havnt been for a coupe of months. It could be said that Regulars are regular because it's easy for them. But a client that comes back to you even after a few years just shows you made a lasting impression with them.

I love it when i have a client come in after that long, and they love it when I still remember them and can still remember bits of our last conversation... I don't know how I do this as I can barely remember what I did this weekend! lol.

I love the variation of my clients. I dont care where they're from, when they were born or how much money they earn. I think they're all bloody great!! I've been really lucky with my clients, I've had maybe one or two nightmare ones in 9 years, I think that's really good going!

Hope I didn't come across as up myself in my last post :smack:, what I meant was that I tend to opt for the demographic whom I can hazard a guess will have the money to spend with me and hopefully regularly too. That doesn't mean I exclude younger or less well off clients or one off clients, far from it, but I like to set my bar higher than a discount salon or the under cutters of this industry as I want to attract the sort of client that values their treatment, experience and ultimately their nails and is not always looking for a bargain. Also I need my business to be sustainable. Just thought I'd clear that up :wink2:

"I think that this is sometimes the most flattering client, because they could so easily go somewhere else if they havnt been for a coupe of months. It could be said that Regulars are regular because it's easy for them. But a client that comes back to you even after a few years just shows you made a lasting impression with them.

I love it when i have a client come in after that long, and they love it when I still remember them and can still remember bits of our last conversation... I don't know how I do this as I can barely remember what I did this weekend! lol."

I think that is what sets therapist/techs apart from the rest. Customer service is so high up their on many peoples list of what contributes to a quality service. Its not only the treatment end result. In times, when unfortunately, customer service for some seems to be going by the wayside clients really appreciate that your time is dedicated to them and how they are. I bet your clients love you for it too! xxx

You didn't come across as up yourself at all :)

I hear you all. But what about us that are starting out and do not have a client base yet? I feel I need to get out there and shout it out to everybody that I'm here. I also feel the need to lure clients in with something.

Last night I sat here and did a service and price list. I then read a few threads for a break and ended up reading a very interesting thread about why you shouldn't discount. Needless to say, the rest of the evening was spent changing those prices back to what they should be!

I don't want to change the theme of the thread, so I'll just say that I don't feel like I have the luxury to market to anyone in particular right now and it's blooming scarey!

Do you remember the name of that post?? i would love to read it as i have very low prices for the area and are now raising them in january

Do you remember the name of that post?? i would love to read it as i have very low prices for the area and are now raising them in january

Oh blimey! I had my search head on, sorry! I do remember a thread something like 'why you shouldn't discount'. In one of the threads it was linked to another, specifically for Mrs Geeks post within it.

I am probably overloading myself with information at the moment, so it's a blur. Sorry!

Since I'm older, I tend to attract and keep an older, professional clientele. I have a lot of older teachers, principals, business women/owners and even a few doctors in my client base. They are the clients who can afford my services. They are also individuals who are more on my intellectual level. They prefer to see me than my 20-something counterparts.

I want clients who can afford my services, not clients who only come when they receive discount offers. Unfortunately since things are slow right now, these clients are littering my book. Truth be told, I'd rather have an empty chair.

Am I a client snob? Most definitely!

Since I'm older, I tend to attract and keep an older, professional clientele. I have a lot of older teachers, principals, business women/owners and even a few doctors in my client base. They are the clients who can afford my services. They are also individuals who are more on my intellectual level. They prefer to see me than my 20-something counterparts.

I want clients who can afford my services, not clients who only come when they receive discount offers. Unfortunately since things are slow right now, these clients are littering my book. Truth be told, I'd rather have an empty chair.

Am I a client snob? Most definitely!

Tried to rep you but it wouldnt let me! It told me I have to spread some reputation around before I can give it to you again :wink2:

Tried to rep you but it wouldnt let me! It told me I have to spread some reputation around before I can give it to you again :wink2:

It's the thought that counts. :D

Latest posts

Back