Are you a Full Service Technician?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many of you are full Service Technicians?

• I offer one nail enhancement option

Votes: 102 28.0%
  • I offer 2 different enhancement options

Votes: 96 26.4%
  • I offer 3 different enhancemnet options

Votes: 27 7.4%
  • I offer a Full Service menu

Votes: 139 38.2%

• Total voters
I only do gel & manicures now cos the filing and liquid irritate my asthma even with an extractor :o

Its a shame cos they look soooo nice!:sad:

Hi there, I only do L&P at the moment but my goal is definately to become a master in all 3. I want to become a master in L&P before I start to learn the others though. I do also offer manicures, pedicures, tanning and eyelash/brow treatments. I want to become a Grand Master so that I know that what ever client comes to me I can give them the best treatment for them and their lifestlye.

I trained wuth a pretty rubbish company to do L&P and Gel. Then I did my L&P training again with EZFlow and have since done and offer man&ped and Fibreglass/silk.

It is my aim in the next year to re-do Gels so that I can offer it again with confidence ( i stopped offering it shortly after the initial course as I felt I hadn't been trained well enough). I would also like to do further mani & pedi training in the next year as I want to start my NVQ too!

Phew! lots to do and save up for! Slowly but surely!
So glad I did L & P first though, made mastering wraps quite quick andf easy!

hi, i do l&p, have just purchased an airbrush kit. doing gels in a months time and recen tly just experimented with wraps hoping to do my qualification in a few months time. by the time my nail bar opens i'l offer man/peds, l&ps, air brushing, spray tanning and nail art. a few months after this il offer wraps and gel. ive had to pay 4 everything! i didnt realise i needed a certificate in order to get insurance for absolutely eveything and half the time im paying twice! eg i do mans and ped at college, i want to offer them now, dont get my cert til next june so im having to pay to do them with a dff comp privately, therefore paying twice! but the way im looking at it, im getting the chance to have my own business for about a max outlay of £3k and thats pretty cheap!!! however, ask me this in 6 months to see what i say!!!

I agree with Geeg in that the more you offer, the more clients you will attract.
I don't think Geeg meant you have to learn it all at once. Its no good learning it all and being "ok" in all three systems. I made sure i had pretty much mastered L&P before even thinking about training in another. I did find Gel easier to do and then Fibreglass was alot easier then too.

I am about to do my EZ Flow conversion so i'm then going to up my knowledge in the sculpting pink and whites area. I do attempt to do them on myself, but never anyone else. As long as you keep doing training to keep your knowledge fresh and up to date, then it doesn't matter how long it takes you. Just never stop learning.:D

I offer l+p, gel and manicure and I am currently doing mani/pedi nvq so I will be doing pedi's after christmas. I also really want to learn fibreglass/silk and also extend my nail art abilities!!

geeg said:
Wraps are VERY easy and now with Fabric# even easier and STRONGER. I always suggest you make wraps your 2nd system because you can master it so quickly. Some complain they are 'fiddly' to do but really this is not so once you get used to the routine.

I always suggest L&P as the first system to learn because if you can master it you can master anything!!

I learned creative L&P last summer and I would have probably gone for Gel next, so really interesing to hear Geeg's view on doing Fabric# second. My plan is to get to grips with L&P, I am also about to sign up for the CreativeSpa Intro as I want to be able to offer as complete a service as possible. Then, maybe I can look at Fabric next year. Bit by bit, I really want to master as many service areas as possible.

I do everything with L&P, gel & mani/pedi. Sculpt, tip, overlay, P&W, single colour, some simple design work. basic & spa mani/pedis.
I did train in wraps when I first trained along side L&P but the training wasn't the best & I never got it. I am thinking about retraining in them with EZ FLow.

geeg said:
Of course learning is progressive and you need to master 1 system (whatever it is) and it makes learning another much easier. At least you go in to the next system knowing how to SHAPE the nails and how to FILE the nails and how to PREP the nails etc.

Wraps are VERY easy and now with Fabric# even easier and STRONGER. I always suggest you make wraps your 2nd system because you can master it so quickly. Some complain they are 'fiddly' to do but really this is not so once you get used to the routine.

I always suggest L&P as the first system to learn because if you can master it you can master anything!!

Using gel is a different technique entirely but relatively quick to learn after L&P because you have already become au fait using a brush!!

Everyone complains about the cost of learning and of course it is a large consideration but ANY PROFESSION that is going to give you the income that doing great nails is going to generate will cost. And buying the best products will cost. Some people spend 4-6 years at University before starting out on a 'career' at what cost. A great nail technician makes more than a 4 year qualified Nurse!!

Nails is a profession if YOU want it to be -- not a pastime or a hobby.

Many people do not give the professional nail technician the respect that she is due having forked out on the best education and products and in many cases salons because they don't see nails as a profession in its own right ... sometimes not even the people who enter our profession really know just what a (not good) but great living can be derived if one goes about it the right way.

You have to PAY somewhere along he line to become a professional at anything. Might as well source the best right from the beginning or you will only have to do it later. And if you find it hard to afford it, go to the bank and get a loan like any other student to help to fund your training. It will be worth it in the end.

I completely agree. :)

I only offer l+p at the moment as i want to perfect that before moving on x

I offer L&P tips & sculpts for now, was thinking about doing gel!!:)

I offer a full service menu, however I feel most confident working with gel, also my favourite treatment is pedicures, my theory is, if I can do my sisters feet, I can tackle anyones (sorry sis) know you walk a lot!!xx

When I initially replied to this thread I did everything but Fabric#. Now I can answer again & say I am a full service tech :) Don't know why I put off Fabric# for so long, it's a great system & I can't wait to get some clients to try it. My assistant is now wearing silk wraps to promote the system so she is my walking advertisement!

I would definitely agree with Gigi & encourage everyone to branch out into other systems they don't currently use. The only problem is, the more options you offer, the longer it takes clients to make up their minds!

I am able to do a full service menu - but I am not top notch on all of them - still plenty more practising and learning to accomplish:green:

when go to school in the U.S. all nail services are taught

Latest posts

Back