Are you an old trout this Christmas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you an old trout or are you up for Christmas ?

• Yes - its a pain to be endured

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • No love it love it love it

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
Every year since Christ was a boy, I have been a Christmas fiend.
I've got the santa slippers, the reindeer headdress, the washing up glove with fur and jewels. I've done the one man panto, organized the quiz etc etc etc

This year I don't want to know. I'm not depressed or anything - I've just lost my fizz. Is it me or is anyone else like this ?

Come off it Adele.
You have more fizz than a box of alka seltzers!!! :hug:

x Elaine xx

i love christmas.....i am worse than the kids....especially christmas day!!!!!!!!.....

this year money has been tight so took the edge of christmas...

but i still cant wait for it to come!!!

Come off it Adele.
You have more fizz than a box of alka seltzers!!! :hug:

x Elaine xx
Fizzle fizzle:green::green::green:

i love christmas.....i am worse than the kids....especially christmas day!!!!!!!!.....

this year money has been tight so took the edge of christmas...

but i still cant wait for it to come!!!​
Must be me then - getting to be an old trout:green::green::green:

Every year since Christ was a boy, I jave been a Christmas fiend.
I've got the santa slippers, the reindeer headdress, hre washing up glove with fur and jewels. I've done the one man panto, organized the quiz etc etc etc

This year I don't want to know. I'm not depressed or anything - I've just lost my fizz. Is it me or is anyone else like this ?

i would not call you a old trout hun...i aint that mean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:green:

my hubby does not like xmas this year......

he said...this year feels different if that helps you!!

I am an old trout all year round:)

But if I could magically skip forward to the spring, missing Christmas and the whole of the rest of the winter, I would definitely do it!

i hate the hype surrounding xmas. I dont celebrate it, and i think its ridiculous the way people go mad for it. Spending hundreds, crowding out the shops, stopping me from enjoying my normal shopping habits lol.

I'm not Christian so why would i celebrate the birth of Jesus? I don't celebrate Ramadan / Divali / Eid because i am not of those religions.

I know it is hard to dodge xmas for those with children, but if and when i have kids, if they want xmas, they're gonna be going to church to prove they know what its all about! lol.

SCROOGE!!! :green:

I'm going to Amsterdam over xmas this year, so i can escape the ludacris festive behavior!! haha.

i usually love christmas, i am up before the boys cooking dinner locked in the kitchen with the radio...ciggies and wine whilst the toys get built............................but this year i dunno not got that xmassy feeling havent got my tree up (bad mum) i think its because its been a pooey year...and xmas reminds me 2008 is year and is it gonna be as pooh...pmsl

Especially for you Adele .... hunted high and low for this one!

Wear it with pride my girl :lol:

pb4450_125.gif

Especially for you Adele .... hunted high and low for this one!

Wear it with pride my girl :lol:

pb4450_125.gif
Bless you Noodle - you are a star:hug:

As I am doing your toes this week Adele I am practising my freehand Trout Designs just for you.............I know you don`t want Holly really!!!! xx

I am looking forward to it,,
I have already had the worse christmas ever for me....a couple of years ago..
Kids had presents lots of them, which i was proud to have done all by myself...
But we spent the whole day in the house doors locked and curtains drawn, phone un answered ..
after that anything seems happier :hug:

I am mixed, I love Christmas and I am nearly ready for it all. This year though it isn't Christmas day I am looking forward to, but Boxing Day. For reasons I can't quite work out myself yet :irked: I have got myself all in a knot about Christmas day! I have even refused to cook a Christmas dinner.

You are not an old trout Adele, you dont have to feel happy about Xmas all the time!
I have got to say me and hubby are worse than the kids, I cant sleep Xmas Eve, come 6am I go for the loudest wee in the world, the toilet is flushed and I stamp back to our bedroom, I might go in and see my eldest and give him a little nudge.

However, I cannot stand the whole build up to Xmas, especially seen as in my 2 kids school they have been talking about Xmas since the return from Summer hols :eek:

I am looking forward to it this year...purely because it will be a Disney Christmas.....which is full of tackiness....plus it is just me..my hubby..and our 5 children...never again will it be just 'this' little family unit...

and for as long as I can remember...(24 years out of my 37..nearly 38 years :irked: years ) I have spent Christmas day with my in-laws :mad: aswell as my mum :hug:

I am sad not to be spending it with my mum...but then we are having a Spanish Christmas instead with her which is 5/6th January....

so this year I won't be a trout..I have been a trout from 1984 until 2006...this year I will be a Glorious Scottish Salmon...:lol:

and go back to being a trout from 2008...!!!!

i hate the hype surrounding xmas. I dont celebrate it, and i think its ridiculous the way people go mad for it. Spending hundreds, crowding out the shops, stopping me from enjoying my normal shopping habits lol.

I'm not Christian so why would i celebrate the birth of Jesus? I don't celebrate Ramadan / Divali / Eid because i am not of those religions.

I'm going to Amsterdam over xmas this year, so i can escape the ludacris festive behavior!! haha.

I'm like you Kate. Christmas doesn't mean anything to me....

As a child, money was a huge problem and we very, very rarely got any presents for Christmas. Presents were reserved for our birthdays. Our parents never filled our heads with nonsense about Santa and him bringing presents.

I really don't get the hype and to be honest, it all annoys me a bit.

I've had a particularly bad year and I don't see things changing for 2008, so I don't have anything to be happy about or to look forward too. Miserable I know.

However, Amsterdam is my favourite place in the world and you will LOVE it there. You will have such a good time !

Marlise

However, Amsterdam is my favourite place in the world and you will LOVE it there. You will have such a good time !

I'll see if i can find something over there 4 u to cheer you up, that sounds a bit dodgy doesn't it lol. :green: a non christmas pressie! hehe.

I'll see if i can find something over there 4 u to cheer you up, that sounds a bit dodgy doesn't it lol. :green: a non christmas pressie! hehe.

Kate,

If you are not a veggie, you simply NEED TO GO to Cafe De Klos. They do the most AMAZING spare ribs you will ever eat.

Their address is:

Cafe De Klos
Kerkstraat 41-43

It's about 5 min walk from Leidseplein. It's a small, dark pub, but the staff and atmosphere is fantastic and so is the food.

You simply MUST, MUST GO !!

Marlise

PS: If you can bring me back a doggie bag I would love you forever :lol:

I love it and always try to make it a special time for my kids to remember, No matter what is happening in our lives I will go all out to celebrate. 2 Years ago Ade was in hospital up until dec the 23rd and I visited him twice a day did all the shopping and pressie buying and cooked for 9 christmas day :).

Im staying in rembrandtpein, so i dont think leidseplein is far is it?
I dunno how i could go about smuggling spare ribs back into england lol.
imagine, on the front page of the tabloids

"Brummie Bird Smuggles Spare Ribs and gets torn apart by sniffer dogs"

lol
:eek:

Im deffo not a veggie btw, i eat anything and everything lol.

Kate,

If you are not a veggie, you simply NEED TO GO to Cafe De Klos. They do the most AMAZING spare ribs you will ever eat.

Their address is:

Cafe De Klos
Kerkstraat 41-43

It's about 5 min walk from Leidseplein. It's a small, dark pub, but the staff and atmosphere is fantastic and so is the food.

You simply MUST, MUST GO !!

Marlise

PS: If you can bring me back a doggie bag I would love you forever :lol:

Latest posts

Back