Are you for Capital Punishment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Mary

Reaction score
There is a young Australian man about to be hung tomorrow Dec 2 Ngyen Tuong Van is his name. He crime is drug traffic offences in Singapore.. I dont support capital punishment, a life is a life no matter what. Every time I see it on the news it makes me fill ill, when you are shown his family leaving the jail. someone sent me a funny today on my mobile via sms. It read "Hi Mum, wont make it for christmas going to be hanging around Singapore, Love Ngyen Tuong Van. I didnt think it was funny, is that what we do now. Make fun of a dead man walking and his family. YUK, bad taste to me/ Dont get me wrong, I am dead against drugs and I know it also destroys lives. Both things are sad.
Maybe I am over sensitive today and maudlin.
What do you think?

sorry i think they should bring it back , if there is concrete prooof they are doing what they have been accused of ,
yeah a life is a life but what about all the people that have died through him bringing drugs to a country, at the end of the day drug delers dont care how many people die as long as they kep getting rich,
my brother died from taking heroin once, he suffocated to death in his sleep, he was 26, so i really hate drug dealers, and think they all deserve to be strung up, also do murderers, child molesters, and rapists sorry if it sounds harsh but the drug dealers cant use the excuse they had to do it for money, coz its just rubbish, my mum had 6 kids and worked part time to support us, we were really skint but she didnt go out ruining peoples lives to get more money. sorry for sounding harsh but is just my personal opinion

No you dont sound harsh at all. I probably would feel the same way if that had happened to my family. Drugs ruin lives. I think I feel sorry for the persons family that the guy being hung. They dont deserve it.
ITs a real complex issue. I am sure I would want someone to receive capital punishment if my children had been hurt.

i think it should be brought back for murderers, rapists and peodophiles. in today's day of DNA technology especially. then there'd be enuf room in prison for burglars.

Toni Talons said:
i think it should be brought back for murderers, rapists and peodophiles. in today's day of DNA technology especially. then there'd be enuf room in prison for burglars.

My thoughts exactly.

If it can be 100% proven, then yes I am another to agree that it should be brought back. Things need to toughen up, and soon. There are far to many BAD people getting away with terrible things IMO.

i think it should be in place for murderers, especially those who are serial killers or have been proved to have planned and plotted to murder their victims in the most awful ways.
somethings gotta be done because these people arent gonna come out and be reintegrated as valuable members of society.
i'm afraid i begrudge the cost of keeping them locked up for years, when that money could be spent on curing people in hospital etc.

Toni Talons said:

My thoughts exactly too. paedophiles especially should be hung drawn and quatered in my opinion.

Toni Talons said:

I also think this is how things should be...although sometimes I think they would be getting off lightly this way....life should also mean life when it comes to sentencing.

a life for a life ..is what i think if you end a persons life physically and mentally...then yes you should be hung.
i know its totally not relevant but when i was 15 i worked in a nursing home and looked after a guy called albert pierpoint...the last hang man who hung ruth ellis.
he took over from his uncle as it ran in the family and the uncles son didnt want to take over so albert did.
albert wouldnt eat he eventually died but he had a fear of swallowing. he had a brown paper bag with a book in it and before i left the nursing home he allowed me to read it...we used to get "thats life" tv programme and reporters coming to the home but they where not allowed to interview him.
he was a very intersting man he believed in what he did but when he hung ruth ellis he said it was one that he wished he never did.
just though i would tell you due to this topic

these people who commit these kind of crimes deserve what they get, they know the consequences
What I can't understand is when people like these bloody terrorists end up in jail, we even pander to their dietry needs, i say "feed the bastards pork for breakfast , lunch & dinner" any suicide bombers remnants should be fed to pigs, then they'd think twice about a heaven full of virgins.
Yeah ...... it basic & bloody, but i think it would give those buggers something to think about before blowing innocent people up

I agree that in this day and age with DNA samples etc, that if there is evidence to 100% prove someone did it then they should be given the death penalty. Like that recent case where the person who admitted killing that boy with an axe, or the likes of Ian Huntley. I am appalled when I hear of the soft treatment he gets in prison - what deterrent is that?

However, whilst the crimes that are committed are horrific, I don't believe that they should be subjected to a tortuous death, and like Joanne says we have to remember that the executioner may suffer mentally as a result. I think that a lethal injection is all that is needed ... maybe I have too many memories of watching the electric chair in action in the Green Mile! I have never howled so much watching a film!

Sassy Hassy said:
I agree that in this day and age with DNA samples etc, that if there is evidence to 100% prove someone did it then they should be given the death penalty. Like that recent case where the person who admitted killing that boy with an axe, or the likes of Ian Huntley. I am appalled when I hear of the soft treatment he gets in prison - what deterrent is that?

However, whilst the crimes that are committed are horrific, I don't believe that they should be subjected to a tortuous death, and like Joanne says we have to remember that the executioner may suffer mentally as a result. I think that a lethal injection is all that is needed ... maybe I have too many memories of watching the electric chair in action in the Green Mile! I have never howled so much watching a film!

OMG in read the book first, and that was even worse - spent 2 whole days howling. And then I still bawled my eyes out watching the film even though I knew what happened in it.

We have a phone in show on one of our local radio stations and they discuss this quite often. The guy who hosts it reckons they will never bring it back into force because there is always gonna be the innocent guy now and then who will get accused and convicted of something he hasnt done. Even with DNA etc, there surely must be some small chance of an error. Because of this the government wont allow it as the innocent minority has to be considered, once you take someones life you cant take it back, its not the same as being let out of jail because they found the real culprit or whatever. This is not my opinion BTW, this is the arguement he always puts forward. He also says you cant say in the cases where they are 100% certain, as everyone convicted should be convicted as they are 100% certain they did it.

I suppose its a difficult one. But there should definatly be harsher punishments for murder, rape, peadophiles etc. If you murder someone intentionally you should definatly not ever be allowed out of prison unless its proved you didnt do it at a later date. And you should not be allowed frickin playstations and spa treatments or whatever they get now. IMO

I believe in an eye for an eye. Especially when the crime involves a child a little person who is unable to protect them self. I for one think these murderers have it easy when in jail. They have their life even been able to act out their sick fantasy, free board and lodgings and most mod cons. The courts should realise what the victim has gone through the fear the thoughts. Paedophiles should be used for experiments instead of animals and given just as much mental cruelty as the victims had, but then again say that in court and human rights will be there.

Take care xx

Rachel Mary said:
There is a young Australian man about to be hung tomorrow Dec 2 Ngyen Tuong Van is his name. He crime is drug traffic offences in Singapore.. I dont support capital punishment, a life is a life no matter what. Every time I see it on the news it makes me fill ill, when you are shown his family leaving the jail. someone sent me a funny today on my mobile via sms. It read "Hi Mum, wont make it for christmas going to be hanging around Singapore, Love Ngyen Tuong Van. I didnt think it was funny, is that what we do now. Make fun of a dead man walking and his family. YUK, bad taste to me/ Dont get me wrong, I am dead against drugs and I know it also destroys lives. Both things are sad.
Maybe I am over sensitive today and maudlin.
What do you think?
sorry to sound hard rachael mary but he would have helped destroy alot of lives, i dont think he should be treated any differently to anyone before him, theres clear signs all through the airport what the punishment is. heroin is one of the most evil drugs out there.the sms is in poor taste tho. what annoys me is people critising the prime minister still going to the cricket game when hes being hung that day, why should australia be mourning for a drug dealer? schappelle corby is someone who deserves our sympathy and support as she is innocent.

He should be punished for what he did, but not the death penalty maybe life imprisonment. WHO ARE WE TO PLAY GOD AND DECIDE WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES.
hUBBY hERE,
I Have just Returned From A Candle Vigil For Van.
How many Of You Say You Believe In God????
Your A Pack Of Hypocrites.
Maybe We Should Bring Back the Rack & Torture All You Heartless *astards???
Get A Life & Judge Not.
Let He Without Sin Cast The First Stone.
Theres One Thing Wrong In This World & Thats People Like You, Because Its People Like You That Make People Like Me Use Drugs!!!
I Have Been Clean & Sober For Over 3 Years & Have To Say The Druggires Are Nicer People Than The Ankles Who Talk The Talk But Wouldnt Know How To Walk tHe Walk:Scared:

I am totally for the death penalty in all cases where it is certain the accused is guilty. I also agree with Sassy, the lethal injection is enough.
It should be a clinical procedure and NEVER an emotional backlash. I think once the desision has been made, get it over with... inject the guilty party and dispose of him as only so much garbage.
All these viscious deaths thought up by others on this thread, while probably being satisfying will make us no better than the condemmed person. We've already had all this in the middle ages and its still going on in some places around the world. I thought we were civilized?
And before you ask... I am a mother myself, and a if anyone touched anyone of my boys, I could rip their throats out with my teeth. But then I would be reduced to the same kind of savage as the bad guy and how is that better?

Mmmmm...strong feelings both sides here...I can see from both sides...part of me feels that we don't have a right to play god...and we need to be setting an example to people that killing is wrong..can we really do this if we are killing criminals..?

But then the other part of me feels that if someone has no regard for human life to the degree that they think nothing of taking a innocent life then do they deserve the life that they have been given...?

I think there punishment will come...and will be dealt with by those grater than us...they will not go unpunished....all we can do is keep them off the streets..and prison is the only way...even if its for the rest of there lives.

Dunno...tough one xx

tilly said:
He should be punished for what he did, but not the death penalty maybe life imprisonment. WHO ARE WE TO PLAY GOD AND DECIDE WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES.
hUBBY hERE,
Get A Life & Judge Not.
Theres One Thing Wrong In This World & Thats People Like You, Because Its People Like You That Make People Like Me Use Drugs!!!
I Have Been Clean & Sober For Over 3 Years & Have To Say The Druggires Are Nicer People Than The Ankles Who Talk The Talk But Wouldnt Know How To Walk tHe Walk:Scared:

obviously a nice person calling us b**tards !!!! really church going type behaviour ,

tilly said:
hUBBY hERE,
Get A Life & Judge Not.
I Have Been Clean & Sober For Over 3 Years & Have To Say The Druggires Are Nicer People Than The Ankles Who Talk The Talk But Wouldnt Know How To Walk tHe Walk

If the punishment in that particular country is the death penalty then whoever decides to flout the law HAS TO take the punishment, it's not as if they didn't know what they were doing is it?

I don't think our personal beliefs make us hypocrites or otherwise.
well done to you for being drug and alcohol free, it's a huge achievement. I don't agree with half of what you said though.

Murderers, rapists, paedolphiles.... most definitely deserve to die for their crimes.
They know right from wrong, just as everyone else does, yet they decide to kill, rape or sexually abuse. They take lives whether it be mentally or physically, why shouldn't they be made to pay for their crimes by giving their own life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back