Are you Shellacking sucessfully? If not read on .....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks huni thats really helpful! I'll give them a call Monday :)

Do I need to do a training course with them aswell does anyone know?

Gemma x

I'm pretty sure that as long as you've done a manicure and pedicure course you will be able to buy Shellac, but if you've not done any nail training you will not be able to get an account with them. hth

If it's only happening to a few clients, it's NOT you! There are just some people (my BFF for one) who can't wear anything on their nails.

What do these clients do for a living? Are they on meds? Do they have any chronic conditions/diseases, ie: diabetes? Do they think Shellac will act like a gel and treat their nails accordingly?

Shellac IS a great product but not ever product is suited for every client.

HTH! :)

Looks like I've had my first Shellac complaint today :( I'm mobile and Shellac'd a girl who I used to know vaguely from my school years on Sat. She's just texted to say it's "coming off". I said that that was strange and asked her to send me a pic - still waiting at the mo. Only yesterday I got a call from one of her friends that she had recommended me to!

Being the kind of person I am I'm already thinking the worst lol. She has a reputation for falling out with people in a school playground way and maybe I should've just kept my distance. I may be prejudging her but I'm way too old for that! Anyway! Even if I think she's responsible for her Shellac coming off I want to handle this in the most amicable way I can - even if she comes off better than me. She - and the damage to my reputation she'd do - really aren't worth the hassle.

I know that she would never admit to doing anything wrong to her nails. She wasn't on any meds and I did everything by the book as usual. I'm tempted to go against all my usual beliefs and just give her her money back, say "Oh well, you must be one of the few people who aren't suited to Shellac, never mind" and stay well clear of her in future:cry:

Don't Hun,
Your the professional , you know your produt , go see the damage offer to fix it up at a charge or remove it for free.
Shellac dose not just fall off even if it's had a lift it still dosent come off any more than that area . so you know it's had help,
You know this ,
and if its not happening to other clients then its not you/ your equipment to blame or it would be more clients. So stick to your guns.

The other thing to keep in mind when dealing with her Is that ok she made issues at school and you know this but any other client whom is a total stranger could have been the school bitch and you wouldn't know it as out side of the treatment room your strangers right?
So treat this girl the same as any other client .
Be professional , polite but firm .
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

Don't Hun,
Your the professional , you know your produt , go see the damage offer to fix it up at a charge or remove it for free.
Shellac dose not just fall off even if it's had a lift it still dosent come off any more than that area . so you know it's had help,
You know this ,
and if its not happening to other clients then its not you/ your equipment to blame or it would be more clients. So stick to your guns.

The other thing to keep in mind when dealing with her Is that ok she made issues at school and you know this but any other client whom is a total stranger could have been the school bitch and you wouldn't know it as out side of the treatment room your strangers right?
So treat this girl the same as any other client .
Be professional , polite but firm .
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

Thanks so much hun. I've taken your advice and am going round tonight and will redo the affected nails. Then if she has any further problems maybe she isn't cut out for Shellac!

It was funny, when I got home and told my boyfriend about it he said "What? You wear that stuff(!) all the time and never have a problem!". So even HE thinks it's her not me lol x

Oh I find this the hardest part if my job, I'm completely mobile so I really do try my very best to do the best on clients. I've only had 3 paying clients for shellac and 1 has a whole fingernail come off, which I'm assuming it chipped and she pulled it off and another one just text to say it's chipping and she's not fond no cleaning etc so it can't be because of that! Shed annoyed as it's catching on things, I just don't know what to say to clients as I don't have much experience yet so I've not had a client with them on for 2 weeks yet. So ambitious sure if it's me or the clients???!!!

Oh I find this the hardest part if my job, I'm completely mobile so I really do try my very best to do the best on clients. I've only had 3 paying clients for shellac and 1 has a whole fingernail come off, which I'm assuming it chipped and she pulled it off and another one just text to say it's chipping and she's not fond no cleaning etc so it can't be because of that! Shed annoyed as it's catching on things, I just don't know what to say to clients as I don't have much experience yet so I've not had a client with them on for 2 weeks yet. So ambitious sure if it's me or the clients???!!!

Don't fall out with the product from your experience of these three clients. Practice, practice, practice and if in doubt, call the girls (and guys) at Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060, the customer care team know their stuff and will be able to talk you thru any problems you find you are having. Wear the product yourself, remember, thin to win, cap the free-edge with all the coats (incl. base and top). Do you use ScrubFresh? Have you got the correct CND lamp? If you are answering yes to these questions and still having problems, give S2 a call. Remember also, you can only do your very best all of the time, but if those ladies are prone to picking or not using their SolarOil and following the aftercare advice you gave them, then they will get it off, regardless of whether it's Shellac, L&P or Gel!! HTH and don't lose heart :hug:

I must be lucky! I took my Popits off several weeks ago and did a Shellac french on them ready to go away in 5 weeks to see if it lasted ok and was really pleased with the results. Not only do they look great as I have a free edge at last (yay!!) but it stops them from breaking too. They are growing out slightly so need to be re-done but it really is a doddle if you follow the instructions. I can go away with smart nails on both hands and feet and not have to worry about infills etc. Plus my girls want their hands and feet done as they have seen how fab it is. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back