Are Your Kids Responsible For Their Own Things?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I just have to ask...why do you have a picture of your boobs as your profile pic? lol
x

Um.... boobs... where? I thought it was a pic of my hand/nails :green:

I love the post from mercedes69: barking orders! Love it!!!!

The most my middle boy (6) will let me do is say, "Get ready for school". If I start giving him instructions or details of what I want/need him to do he tells me, "Don't tell me mum. I know!" The same goes for bed time or anything other thing he's asked to do. He knows already! :green:

I think children have enough pressure on them without having to remember every little aspect of their lives or get in trouble for it.
I do most things for my children and always have they just gradually start to take on their own responsibilities in their own time without having to be told ,as they get older.
Tidying bedrooms became a battle ground until i just started to leave them now they do get done because neither of them like the mess themselves.
Remembering kit just happened too, eventually in secondary school because after a while you lose track of when they have pe so only they know anyway.
I hate doing housework and ironing etc so i certainly dont want to be inflicting it on my kids,once they are old enough they are going to be doing it for a lifetime.
What i have always made a point of though is the importance of work.
My daughter has always had a job ever since she legally could.
She now has two jobs since she has finished college ,one in a diy store and also in a spa which will hopefully become full time.She is working her little socks off with no complaints at all,and i shall expect my son to be the same and as soon as legal be going all out for a part time job also.

Latest posts

Back