ARGH!!! air bubbles!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzey86

Reaction score
Hi,

Im a bit of a newbie on the nail geek. I am currently studying acrylic enhancements at college and I have 1 big problem...air bubbles.. at first it was just when i was applying a tip but i have over come that now and can put on tips without air bubbles (sounds silly but thats a big thing for me and lots of the girls at college ). We have been doing acrylic application now and i keep getting air bubbles in the acrylic!! :confused: any suggestions how to avoid this please?? We are using NSI spa aroma.
lots of us are getting the same problems.

Carly x

Air bubbles are normally down to product ratio - ie either its too dry or to wet - there is a fine line on correct ratio ... Or you are messing around with the product too much and causing the air bubbles...... and finally what I have just discovered, having brought a whole bunch of New CND Perfect powders which are 'faulty' for want of a better word, they are curing within seconds (using Retention+) and air bubbles up the wazoo! .. I have switched powders until it can be resolved.

if you are still studying, try asking your teacher, she should really be the one helping you out

I asked my tutor aout the air bubbles and she said we will be going over air bubbles/lifting in a few weeks, but i am just desparate to get it right as soon as i can!!

thanks for the replys!!

the linked helped thank you

Here's a few little tips that might help:
When you start, dip your brush in the liquid so that all the bubbles come out (do this gently) then draw your brush out of the dish slowly getting rid of most of the liquid. I then dab my brush both sides on a tissue before starting, then I only put my brush in slightly to draw out a small amount of liquid. My product uses 1.5 parts liquid to 1 part powder. Then when you pick up your bead have your brush at a 45 degree angle so that you keep the bead on one side. The ratios vary with products. Then position your bead into one of the zones and wait about 2-3 seconds for it to melt, then taper it and smooth.
If your bead is too dry you can tell because the liquid hasn't absorbed all the powder when you place it and this can cause air bubbles and pitting.
Definately have a look at the link above.
This is only how I do things, not necessarily the best way, but it works for me. hth xxx

thanks ruby-nails, i will definately give it a try, tried a few things i.e just dipping brush and letting the powder collect itself rather than swirling my brush in powder but that didnt work. people keep saying to stop worrying because i am still training but i just want to get the little problems sorted so i can concentrate on my shape etc.

thanks again

Latest posts

Back