argh!! books!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparklepink

modges r us..we r coolio!
Reaction score
hi all
im in the proccess of sorting out my books for my accountant
its so boring :rolleyes: but its gotta be done
just wondered....
how do you all deal with your book keeping?
do you keep v up dated or do you try and then end up having to spend time sorting them out?
maybe i should just pay someone else to sort it all out for me...lol

Jess
xox

Sparklepink said:
hi all
im in the proccess of sorting out my books for my accountant
its so boring :rolleyes: but its gotta be done
just wondered....
how do you all deal with your book keeping?
do you keep v up dated or do you try and then end up having to spend time sorting them out?
maybe i should just pay someone else to sort it all out for me...lol

Jess
xox
Hey Jess: well i'm one of these organised people. I have a spreadsheet and every time i spend or do work i add it on there so that its always 100% up to date. Too much hard work otherwise ;)

Hi Jess
I agree, boring as heck! I have a computer programme that my husband customised for my business which does a lot of the work for me & presents a summary for my accountant (she who must be obeyed LOL) at year end. But she always wants more & at our yearly meetings I always feel like I've been in the headmistresses office & given detention LOL.

My accountant lives in a mansion thats on the market for £800,000, I think we're in the wrong business!

Hope you're well!
Best wishes
Karen

i need some clients first but i have a mother in law as my accountant which will be g8 xx

i used to work in accounts. i do my own as and when i spend or aquire. i also do my mums books for her business, i do them weekly as there is more to it. i also do a spread sheet for vat returns, i do it monthly to keep an eye on it, so i can get my mum to put money aside if need be. so far its all been rebates, as she owns a pet shop and quite a lot is zero rated, but alot of consumables etc they buy and use aren't. for me, i also do this but i put aside the vat at the end of each treatment, so the money is always there.

Hi Jess,

after each client I enter in their "cash sale" if time permits or do it at the end of the day. When I receive my orders I enter in the "invoice" whether it is stock for selling or products for using. When my bank statements come in I reconcile them. Then once a year I run off a P&L and a Balance sheet, give my file to my accountant and she does the rest. I use QuickBooks which I find very good.

It allows me to see how much revenue I have earned from different forms of advertising for example and also percentages of different areas of the business ie. what percentage of my turnover is from Nail Art or retail sales.

Latest posts

Back