Arghhhhhh orange blonde :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moobar

Reaction score
ok so here goes....

started with a client today, dark ginger. wanted to be blonde! Ue matrix in salon so I started with bleach for 50min but only reached orange/yellow then put hi lift AA & V with 40vol but still a very warm blonde :( what else can I do?

Just too much red in this type of hair.
Maybe you could have bleached it twice

:biggrin:

I was going to bleach it twice but I though as I only use 20 vol with the scalp bleach I would get a better result with the HL and 40vol

Bleach is the only way if they don't want warmth in it, never follow bleach with high lift!! It will wreck the hair before it able to do it's work, I normally use 10 or 9 av or spAV works great dependent or chosen colour/ depth

Following on from bluerinse (good advice) I would say that high lift will not lift bleached hair either, so going back with your 20 vol bleach would be the best idea. As Lamaur man already said, if her hair was very ginger before you started, you are tackling dark to light, which is going to bring out orange/yellow undertones, and also then with her being, in essense, ginger as well...it will be a challenge.

I personally would have done full head foils with 20 vol bleach, then a tint of say, 7/1. Did you do a full head scalp bleach?

Yes I did a full scalp bleach as his hair is very short back and sides and then quite long and choppy on top with a side sweep. I will have to do another scalp bleach I think then AV it :)

Yes I did a full scalp bleach as his hair is very short back and sides and then quite long and choppy on top with a side sweep. I will have to do another scalp bleach I think then AV it :)

Maybe tone with spav? Did you use v light with 20vol?

yes v-light and 20vol

i dont rate the high lift shades in matrix for deep natural gingers, you have to pre lighten instead, i found the roots to go very strawberry blonde instead of blonde! Stick with 10-20 vol, does the job in the end! hths xoxo

If the hair was short I'd have used at least 30vol or even 40vol and then toned with SPA, SPV, SPN or 10A/N/AV

I know people are going to say bot to use 40vol on scalp but in 25yrs I've never had a problem. I would now rebleach with 20vol, tone as mentioned above and then use Cera Repair Fortetherepie to put the protein back into the hair. It is often said that 2 lots of 20vol is better than going in wi one lot of 40vol anyway.

Hope it goes well.

If the hair was short I'd have used at least 30vol or even 40vol and then toned with SPA, SPV, SPN or 10A/N/AV

I know people are going to say bot to use 40vol on scalp but in 25yrs I've never had a problem. I would now rebleach with 20vol, tone as mentioned above and then use Cera Repair Fortetherepie to put the protein back into the hair. It is often said that 2 lots of 20vol is better than going in wi one lot of 40vol anyway.

Hope it goes well.

:0 kill the scalp!! I don't agree with 40 vol on scalp but their are something I do that others don't agree with either. I suppose you will always get that in this industry

Bad bad bad practise. You will get same result just using 20vol and leaving on for longer, except you won't fry the clients hair or scalp. Plus, if you do burn your client at 40vol, your insurance wont cover as it's advised you don't use 40vol scalp. Bad advice.

Bad bad bad practise. You will get same result just using 20vol and leaving on for longer, except you won't fry the clients hair or scalp. Plus, if you do burn your client at 40vol, your insurance wont cover as it's advised you don't use 40vol scalp. Bad advice.

I agree. The lower the volume, the better the lift. All 40 vol (12%) does, is shock the cuticle and give a brassy lift.

On red/ginger hair, I would do a gentle bleach bath first, then a 6% application. I would keep repeating until I got the desired lift, maybe even dropping to 3%.

Latest posts

Back