Arguing over extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
Okay I know this is petty and stupid and immature but...

I uploaded a picture of bad extensions on my beauty page, and added a warning about the dangers of YouTube trained extensionists and the likes of the '£90 full head extensions' offers.

A girl who I know sent me a massive paragraph about how she's sick of me making digs at her because she does her friends extensions and she's not trained, and how she's sick of me thinking I'm so much better than everyone else because I trained 3 months ago and that I'm stuck up.

First of all, it wasn't even about her, she puts me neither up nor down if she chooses to have crappy hair put in or subjects other to her terrible skills? I took the high road and said, "if you think that status is about you, then you must think you are what it says." I then ignored her pathetic rants at me and unfriended her.

I feel like I have been attacked for trying to educate clients and prospective clients. Has anyone else faced any situations like this? Is this something I need to accept in the beauty industry? She got quite personal and I feel disheartened.

:(

Xx

all i can say is TRUTH HURTS Eh
ignore it and rise above it :) at the end of the day yes people will go to her coz she is cheaper but i can guarantee they will never go back!
:)

It's a shame but these people are everywhere educating your clients is the most important thing and you just need to pay no attention and avoid bitchiness! I wouldn't worry yourself over it, keep your chin up and keep going! X

All I will say is put yourself in her shoes, I know you say she isn't qualified, but just think how you would feel if someone did this to your and your work? X

All I will say is put yourself in her shoes, I know you say she isn't qualified, but just think how you would feel if someone did this to your and your work? X

I understand but as my post said, it wasn't actually about her as I explained to her. And I don't see what she does to people as work, I see it as a mess! I know where your coming from though totally x

Yep truth hurts just ignore it and continue providing professional hair extensions x

Personally im shocked that there are crazy cowboys and girls out there.

But i think sometimes people are not as naive and stupid to not know that this goes on. I think you have to always give the beneifit of the doubt and not assume that potential / clients are unaware of peoples work.

When a client comes to me, and my team we educate them in whatever they are asking for, so they dont feel stupid or they are unsure as to what a certain treatment entails. In my town, quite a few ex beauticians/therapists/hds etc so majority have a bassline of understanding.

I can understand where you get newbies that are excited about the industry and whan to make it better, but with your experience, you would feel more confident once you have made a name for yourself and been established-you'd feel more confident giving answers back. As these little digs are just the start, and you have to be tough skinned as we're a public serving industry and we're always open to scruinty.

I think you could have made your point via fb but tactfully i guess. Its something im not a big fan of trashing other peoples work or brand. Id rather get on with my own buisness then concentrate on what everyone else is doing. xoxo

I'm sooo pleased you have done this!! I hate it when extensions get bad press in the paper etc!
But it's not the extensions it's the idiots doing them!
I love your reply to her also, good on you!

Latest posts

Back