Arguing with my fiancee over the penetration of Solar Oil into Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the tiny tunnels showed how acetone penetrates rather than Solar Oil? Also, there are no tiny tunnels in the basecoat, so how does the solar oil get through to the natural nail?

Id like to know the answer to Lucy's question too, about the base coat...?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Id like to know the answer to Lucy's question too, about the base coat...?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek
Good question ... You're thinking, which is an important thing :biggrin:

The video re the science is so that peeps in particular understand the removal process. There are tunnels in the base coat but it is the quick release polymers that are the biggest aid in removal so the tunnels are not highlighted as important in this area in the video.

SolarOil penetrates through the tiny tunnels all the way through to the tunnels in the nail plate, just as it does over regular polish and through enhancements as well.

The proof is in the seeing, and we see it all the time! If clients don't use their Solar Oil, their nails will be more dehydrated than they could be, and neither their Shellac, their enhancements, nor their polish will last as long nor as perfectly.

Hi a great and intresting article, I know other oils will still penetrate, but will they work as well, even though they are an almond oil
In my opinion they will not.

Solar Oil is made up of various high grade oils and almond is the least of them.

It is the over-all formulation of Solar Oil that gives it the special properties it has for moisturising, anti-ageing, plasticising and protection. Other oils may or may not go some way in doing some of those things, but SolarOil is formulated to do all of those things and to do them superbly well ... Solar Oil has consistently won 'Best Cuticle Oil' in industry surveys for more than 25 years ... It is a Hall of Fame product and deservedly so.

I would not use any other cuticle oil now than solar oil.... All my clients have seen the benefits of using regularly...nails are in so much better condition than they originally come to me with, and they grow lovely...

And also I have to say that I have had a awful allergy to something...(not my nail products) ...and my skin on my face was so sore, dry nothing was helping, so I decided to massage in some warm solar oil before bed....

Woke up in the morning, face still slightly rashed In places but my god all the dryness had gone, and my skin is actually getting better...!!!

Love my solar oil...

Sarah xxxxx

Just have to add here, I read this thread before my first client this morning, she's an absolute nightmare when it comes to applying her oil, never does it :eek: I try to convince her every visit as her nails are showing signs of dehydration. So I tried to use some of the analogies given here examples of leaving plastic toys outside...the FACT that the oil WILL reach the natural nail due to the tunnels in the products etc.... and after swearing at me lol she actually agreed to use it!!

Maybe a break through here lol, I even gave her a free bottle (she will only get it free once) just to convince her further that im not trying to sell her something to line my pockets but more that the product actually works!!!

Rant over :)

p.s I actually use NSI nurture oil and love it, ive compared the ingredients to solar oil and they look the same to me.

Nurture Oil
Scientifically enhanced blend of 5 emollients (jojoba, soy, safflower, wheat germ, and grape seed oils) and vitamins C & E

Solar Oil
Infused with jojoba oil and vitamin E.

Last edited:
Just have to add here, I read this thread before my first client this morning, she's an absolute nightmare when it comes to applying her oil, never does it :eek: I try to convince her every visit as her nails are showing signs of dehydration. So I tried to use some of the analogies given here examples of leaving plastic toys outside...the FACT that the oil WILL reach the natural nail due to the tunnels in the products etc.... and after swearing at me lol she actually agreed to use it!!

Maybe a break through here lol, I even gave her a free bottle (she will only get it free once) just to convince her further that im not trying to sell her something to line my pockets but more that the product actually works!!!

Rant over :)

p.s I actually use NSI nurture oil and love it, ive compared the ingredients to solar oil and they look the same to me.

Nurture Oil
Scientifically enhanced blend of 5 emollients (jojoba, soy, safflower, wheat germ, and grape seed oils) and vitamins C & E

Solar Oil
Infused with jojoba oil and vitamin E.

It's not the same at all and the formula is entirely different ... but that's OK! :biggrin:

hehe, well what looks the same to me most certainly doesn't look the same to the scientists behind the products, but I would love to know if the nurture oil does the same as the solar oil, I can certainly tell the difference between the clients that do and don't use it, not just the skin surrounding the nail but the natural nail itself, so im assuming it makes its way through the product :)

So, does Solar Oil penetrate through to the nail bed with hard gel or not? Or will it condition the surrounding area only?:confused:

So, does Solar Oil penetrate through to the nail bed with hard gel or not? Or will it condition the surrounding area only?:confused:

Solar Oil (as pointed out above) does not penetrate the nail BED at all it penetrates the nail PLATE. The nail plate which is the hard keratin material that we call the nail is non living material ... The nail plate Inter connects to the nail bed by way of rails and grooves which are made up of the epidermis and the dermis which is living tissue, and is beneath the plate.

Now one might think all that sounds like more than was bargained for, but I do think as professionals we should know the difference between the nail plate and the nail bed and use the right terminology (there was a thread about this just the other day). Each and every person working in the nail industry should know that basic information so I have written it down for learning purposes.

To the poster of the other question (which is also a good one) ... The answer to your question is that SolarOil does condition the hard gel and nail but it takes naturally a longer period of time to reptate through to the plate and only with continual daily use.

Last edited:
She actually said 'penetrate through TO the nail bed', not 'through the nail bed' so it would seem that she does know the difference. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She actually said 'penetrate through TO the nail bed', not 'through the nail bed' so it would seem that she does know the difference. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I misread it! Shoot me. :biggrin: In the meantime someone may have learned something and the answer was general to all not specific to one. But thanks for taking the time to point that out 3 months after the question was asked :biggrin: I will try to be much more careful in the future before I respond to a post.

I am very greatful for the Solar Oil thread. I always learn a ton here every day as new tech. Thank you!:Love:

I worked hard in 4 months to gain 20 repeat customers then had the opportunity to work in a salon downtown. I lost 9 due to price increase and some because I was not able to do my acrylics.

Strange as a chair rental I hashed it out now I can do both!!!

I have been there a month or so and am now carring retail for Cuticle eraser and solar oil. I love this thread as I can really push it and it will be less work for me with fills and such!!!

Latest posts

Back