Arh Roller Wax Systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impulse1976

Reaction score
Hi geeks, i have been reading threads on here about roller systems. I took myself off to sallys today to look at a few. I found the hive system which had a space for 6 cartridges.
Hive Europe Roller Depilatory Heater at Hive of Beauty LTD

When i went back to work and looked on the hive web site i noticed that Hive do a slightly different machine where three cartridges fit into the machine and you can also use parafin wax in.
Mini Multi Pro Cartridge Heater (3 chamber) at Hive of Beauty LTD

Then there is this one with one cartridge.
Hand-Held Roller Depilatory Heater at Hive of Beauty LTD

Then another which is 100g cartridges - Think this is one like the Perion Rigot where you can buy a few and they join together.
Hand-Held Roller Depilatory Heater (100g Cartridges) at Hive of Beauty LTD

I am in the process of setting up and finding clients but hate my baybliss double heater so wanted to give this a try.

Does anyone have any advice or experience on any of the above machines.

Thanks geeks x

Hi

from my personal expeiance the 6 multi unit is the best as you dont have to worry about you wax running out as if you have a client for more than a half leg and underarm one cartridge is as good as gone. its also easy to clean have a protective cover and is great at maintaing the correct temp all day

The 2nd one isnt bad but is made for their paraffin spary wax so the roller wax fits funny i found.

and as for the hand held units they are as good a a pair of twezzers i hated mine.

These are all my personal dealing with the diffrent sytems but hope that helps a little:)

Thanks Kelly.
Anyone else have any experience with the hive roller systems?

Thanks Kelly.
Anyone else have any experience with the hive roller systems?

Hi,

I didn't like mine and I don't use it now as I prefer the spatula method by far as I fifnd with the roller you have to change the rollers all the time during treatments and you have to keep swapping them over as they cool quite quickly I found anyway but this is just my opinion:)

Kate x

yeah hun , i didnt like mine much either to be honest , but i know other people love em , so i think it depoends on the person using it , i prefer my phd :green:

I have been using the 6 unit hive roller system and love it. I prefer this to the spatula method (which I trained on in college) but they are different so it will depend on what you get on with.

With the 6 units there is plenty of room to be heating up the next cartridges and/or paraffin wax.

HTH's Louise x

I have a clean and easy roller system but I rarely use it. Pot and spatula is so much more versatile and so economical in its use.

I'm not a fan of the Babyliss double heater for hot wax, but it's fine for warm wax.

Is it spatula waxing that you don't get on with, or the Babyliss heater?

I use the Hive 6 cartridge system and have no problems with it.As a mobile therapist is suits me down to the ground.

I'm a Hive 6 cartridge girl aswell. I don't have any complaints about it at all. Sooooo much quicker than the traditional pot and spatual method and a lot less messier I find xx

Last edited:
I have a clean and easy roller system but I rarely use it. Pot and spatula is so much more versatile and so economical in its use.

I'm not a fan of the Babyliss double heater for hot wax, but it's fine for warm wax.

Is it spatula waxing that you don't get on with, or the Babyliss heater?

Its the babyliss heater (i think), i might just get it out again and try it on different settings, i think i am trying to heat the wax up too quick and then it gets too hot and runny and then when i turn it down i cant get the consistency right.

I seem to recall threads saying the Multi-Pro heaters will fit the 80g and 100g roller cartridges no problems, where as the 6 'toaster' heater won't fit the 100g ones. Also the 6 slot multi-pro lets you have two temps if you needed to.

Mat

Its the babyliss heater (i think), i might just get it out again and try it on different settings, i think i am trying to heat the wax up too quick and then it gets too hot and runny and then when i turn it down i cant get the consistency right.

Wherever possible, try not to speed heat the wax, just switch it on nice and early. I've been using mine this morning with creme wax, started it on 3, left it on 3. It was fine.

I wouldn't want to hot wax with anything other than a 1000cc heater I don't think but the Babyliss is fine for warm wax. My advice would be to give it another go before you spend more money on a roller system.

I love my Babyliss Double Heater!!!

I think it's brill for hard wax and strip wax i would totally recommend it. Plus it's a good shape for using and really easy to keep clean.... And it has a secore cover that clips in so no spills if you ever travel with it!

I've never tried the roller system but i feel i can do more with my trusty pot xxx

I love my Babyliss Double Heater!!!

I think it's brill for hard wax and strip wax i would totally recommend it. Plus it's a good shape for using and really easy to keep clean.... And it has a secore cover that clips in so no spills if you ever travel with it!

I've never tried the roller system but i feel i can do more with my trusty pot xxx

Do you warm your wax up before you go to clients if you are mobile, i am just frightened that its going to spill everywhere?

I have ordered some ocean blue wax from Perrion Rigot so it may be the baybliss wax that i am haveing trouble with. It cheaper than buying a roller wax and then me not liking it when i come to use it.

Do you warm your wax up before you go to clients if you are mobile, i am just frightened that its going to spill everywhere?

I have ordered some ocean blue wax from Perrion Rigot so it may be the baybliss wax that i am haveing trouble with. It cheaper than buying a roller wax and then me not liking it when i come to use it.

OK, if I were you, I would not buy the ocean blue to use in the Babyliss for mobile because... it will come in an 800g tin, which you will then have to (inconveniently) decant into the flimsy Babyliss spare bucket. Instead, just get yourself a standard pot of wax, say a 425g plastic tub, and pop it inside the bucket. Then, you can pre-melt it before going out and screw the lid back on!

Last edited:
OK, if I were you, I would not buy the ocean blue to use in the Babyliss for mobile because... it will come in an 800g tin, which you will then have to (inconveniently) decant into the flimsy Babyliss spare bucket. Instead, just get yourself a standard pot of wax, say a 425g plastic tub, and pop it inside the bucket. Then, you can pre-melt it before going out and screw the lid back on!

Thanks for your advice. Do you recommend any waxes specifically?

Well... I was a fan of Perron Rigot but where warm waxes are concerned, there are plenty that do the job. A long time ago the owner of my local wholesalers asked me why I was wasting money on roller wax. He gave me a bit of a lecture about it and said I should be using his 'home brand' creme wax. I listened, but at the time, I was not ready to give up my roller. I was a less experienced waxer then, and I was much slower, and I was also more messy, lol. However, the day came when I decided I had to teach myself to be an excellent spatula waxer. At the end of the day, I work to earn money to pay the bills, so profit IS important. So I pretty much gave up the roller and started spatula waxing pretty much all the time. Then I got into PR and because waxing is so profitable anyway, I was happy to pay their prices. BUT I never forgot what he said, how happy his customers are with his 'home brand' wax, so last time I went there, I bought a tub. Only one tub, and I also bought two others from another supplier. And they are absolutely fine! My advice would be, buy a few different ones and try them. Often the best way to learn is by your own experience. Whatever we all tell you works for us, we all have different opinions, so you will find your own favourite. It's a bit like kissing frogs :lol:

Hey chic i use the crystal ocean in my babyliss heater and yes decanting is a pain but it doesn't take long just heat it up in water over the stove and pour it in!

As for mobile i have a home salon so the only time i go mobile is if i have a wax night at my mums for all her friends. I just heat up when i get there PR doesn't take long to heat up (15minutes maybe) I set myself up and it's usually ready!

After i'm done i put some strip wax round the top of the heating wells and stick a wax strip on top which sticks to the wax and makes a wee fabric lid then i put the main lid on top! This means that even if it does tip slightly it shouldn't spill wax over my heater and if it does get through then it would be less and the main lid will catch it. But i've never spilt a drop with this trick x

Latest posts

Back